New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some bad things about the Koni Struts popping the thread stud off and koni not warrantying them. I was looking at getting the Koni Struts for my car. If I do still get them is there any suggestions on camber caster plates? Or should I just look at another brand in struts?

·
1993 3000GT VR4
3,424 Posts
it depends on how low you want to go. if your gonna go lower than about 2" you will want some way to adjust the camber and then i dont recommend the Konis due to the breakage issues. If you are not going to lower the car more than 2" then you can usually get away without the camber kits and you dont have to worry about the Konis breaking. Just my opinion.
HTH

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on going 2".

I just don't want any irregular tire wear. I payed too much for these tires. That is why I was needing to know about any camber/caster adjusters.

·
is a pop sensation
13,672 Posts
As long as your toe is in check you should be fine. Our cars gain very little camber when lowered. Every alignment I've seen with lowering springs showed camber within Ford spec.

Even with a ~2.5" drop on my coilovers and my camber plates adding as much camber as possible (increasing neg camber) I haven't seen any abnormal tire wear.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What brand of camber plates is the one's that pop the thread stud off of the koni struts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts