New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if these have to be fabbed in anyway to fit the Cougar's pattern? I'm looking to get them in 18". I have seen a guy's car on here with them, but don't know the guy's name or anything in order to ask him. Thanx for any help....Jamie

Attachments

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
yes, there was a Cougar that Craig worked on that had them and later sold them... they do not come in our bolt pattern at all so they need to be custom drilled by Axis.. Many (including myself) have not been 100% happy with their drilling services.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Crispy,
how did Axis mess the drilling up and did they stand behind their work and make it good after the fact? Just curious. Thanx for the honest reply...Jamie

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Axis sucks at custom drilling wheels. I've said this many times, and even warned Chris before she ordered hers, but their driller has NO IDEA what he's doing. I had 3 sets of wheels before they even fit, and then they still were misdrilled somewhat. Chris had "plugs" in hers that started to fall out, I do believe. My 19" Axis wheels are now non-streetable, because the hub area is bending from stress, because the drills were off...

E1

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well since they haul them off to another company for drilling, does that mean they are more dependable now with their drilling? If not and all the bad press you all are giving them, hell, I guess I'll o with the Konig Unknowns in 18"

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
The outside guy they send the wheels to is the idiot. He rushes them thru, since Axis sends all of their business to him, and its truely hit or miss with if your wheels will even work. We've offered to do their drilling for them, but we no longer have a shop local to them.

E1

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think I'm going to go with the Konig Unknowns. Don't want to waste that amount of money on wheels that don't work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.