New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i went auto-xing for my first time yesterday. all i got to say is that s**t is so much fun. i was running in the sts class with one other guy in an 87 gti. we had 72 cars running and out of them i got 63rd raw and 59th in the PAX. i'm not complaining since it was my first time, i'm running a 2.0 cougar, and i was on el cheapo winter tires. i did have a vet ride with me on run 4 to give me a few pointers. i rode w/ him in his mazdaspeed miata on his 5th run. that was fun. i also got to ride with another guy in a bsp class evo 8. those two guys gave me a lot of tips and pointers. then after that i was doing a lot better than my first runs. my first run of the day was a 70.224, just cuz i was finding my way around the track. by my 6th run i was running a 61.390 then backed it up with a 61.593 on run 7.

i have been to a few drag strips before and auto-xing by far is more fun. 90% of the people at drag strips are a$$holes since everyone is there to b better than everyone else. plus it's mostly younger guys who got real big egos. at this auto-xing event i never talked to 1 person who wasn't willing to help me out and give me tips, pointers, and info. a couple vets did a walk through explaining the track and giving me some driving tips, another couple guys doing a novice walk through for all the rookies, the guys riding with me, the guys giving me rides, a couple people afterwards asking me how i did and everyone just being all around classy people. the only downside is that this was the last event on the year and i got to wait til next summer to do it again.

jaged and all u other auto-xing people, u guys are going to b my new best friends this winter :)

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I competed yesterday as well. 122nd out of 137 in RAW time, 124 out of 137 PAX.

·
Super Moderator
22,339 Posts
my last one was a week ago times were VERY close i dont know over all times and what not, but i iknow i was 19/72 PAX so my raw time was up there.

I managed 4th in south bend region over all(on only 3 of 8 events!) and 2nd in my home region (i think)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts