New Cougar Forum banner

automatic zetec trans.

457 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  james99 
#1 ·
i need info on this transmission. im planning on rebuilding a stronger one for my car since i have a second one at home. swapping out an atx for an atx is alot easier than going from atx to mtx. if anyone could list any info on this like weak points, places to buy parts and so on please do so. i thought there use to be more info on the forum but i guess it got erased like the turbo faq and the zetec mod list.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
yeah i got the luck of being stuck with the auto I4. i went to a shop one time and the guy that owned it used to work at a ford dealership said that there was many automatic 4 cyl. i dont know how true that is, but either way it sucks. maybe i should just swap.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
was thinking turbo and a tranny swap at one time but money is running low right now so, im thinking just some basic stuff. i already have a weapon-r intake, im getting exhaust soon, header, and lighter pulleys. thats all until i get my bonus from work. i just wanted to strengthen the transmission cause it seems like it slowly wearing down. i also want a few cosmetic things like head and taillight covers.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
i was trying to get anywhere from 120-150hp N/A. i have a friend that works at a shop that does p'n'p jobs but he's slacking so i cant really get him on the job, if i could he'd do it for cheap. ive been looking into cams, but im trying to read up on them to learn what works best for what situation. this whole car modding thing is driving me crazy.....i love it!

Discussion starter · #10 ·
so i can swap my zetec for a v6? ive been told yes and no, so im confused. i already have a v6 that i got from a friends totaled cougar, i have some mechanical knowledge and a friend of mine is a mechanic so getting it in would be cheap. all i need is for someone to give me a definite yes or no, if it will fit or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.