New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audiobahn 1205x. Any good? I know nothing! Help!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i think audiobahn is a really nice brand for nice low bass that doesnt distort easily. they can handle quite a bit as far as i know. but i'm probably not the best one to ask lol, so feel free to correct me anyone.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
im gonna guess that the 1205x is what is now the 1205q subs? ultra excursion, 1000watt rms? if so, yes, very good sub. i have a pair of 1006q's and i love em to death. wouldnt trade anything for audiobahn, except bigger audiobahn. they look good and they perform spectacular. just make sure you have about 750rms watts goin to em to get their worth.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
the audiobahns im lookin at are the Performer subs. AWC12T. what about those. those any good? 12 inch. 500 watts RMS.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
sorry audiobahn fans but...audiobahn=Poop! there are absolutely no sq 2 them, and they dont nearly have the power wattage that they say that do. i hated mine!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: Kooter
sorry audiobahn fans but...audiobahn=Poop! there are absolutely no sq 2 them, and they dont nearly have the power wattage that they say that do. i hated mine!
So then what do you reccomend?

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
i dont know about saying audiobahns are crap. a friend of mine has 1 15", with a 1000 amp. that this beat any other sub i have heard. we were in his car drivin around when it started rainin. we cranked it up, and the windshield wipers couldnt get the rain off the glass because they were bouncing so much.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Price isn't really much of an issue. Looked at a setup today. Not gonna say what it all is, but its Concept. HELLA SWEET!

·
Registered
388 Posts
have you thought about the brahma, hella looking sub. I really like the KOVE armegeddon series sub. Pricy but 2 12's in a slot ported box in a cougar hit 157.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: Kooter
whoa, let me testify against that. I ran 2 15" aluminum cone subs with a 3201q amp. Each sub was seeing an actual 800 and some watts. It was loud and I thought it sounded good. Hell, I listen to mostly rock, and they kept up to the fast beats. Audiobahns aren't bad if you wire everything right. My subs were wired to run at 1 1/2 ohms, but my amp is only stable to 2 ohms, so obviously I had problems, oh well.

Anyways, as long as you wire them up, they are good.

Now to answer your original question, the 1205's are a decent sub, as long as you wire it right and send enough power to them.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by: ILLicitKougar
have you thought about the brahma, hella looking sub. I really like the KOVE armegeddon series sub. Pricy but 2 12's in a slot ported box in a cougar hit 157.
never heard of 'em

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by: ILLicitKougar
Kove
brahma
I haven't seen the brahma in action but I have heard great things about the sub

:banana: for internet companies! Also check out RE, and Elemental Designs. Amazing equipment for about half the price of comparable mainstream audio companies.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
yea... i have to 1006q's running off 1800 watts and they rule! loudest system in my area by far. and all for about $800. i hooked my amp to a set of kicker 12's and with it turned almost all the way down, it was kickin them to max excursion. so the amps rule. and the subs can obviously handle what they're meant to. if you get an audiobahn amp with audiobahn subs, make sure to get a smaller amp than the max sub ratings, cuz those amps kick more than they say.

and as for the awc12t's... they must not make that series anymore because i cant find them on their website. but no joke, check out ebay for subs and amps, i got my subs for $100/piece, woulda been nearl $250/piece in a store, and my amp for $550, $1000 in a store. and it all works great.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i personally like audiobahn...not my first choice of sub, but considering how cheap u can gte them nowadays, they aren't a bad investment. i had 2 of the 1505's in a sealed enclosure with about 1.5cu/ft per sub and i hit a 145.3 at a local shop. that was with about 1000watts per sub. that's not that high, but then again, that box was made with everyday listening in mind.

i also competed at a local show at moroso motorsports down in florida and with one of the subs, and about 1200 watts, i hit a 147.6 @ 48hzs in a 5.5cu/ft ported box which i poorly crafted, but it was good enough to take 2nd out of 8 people in my class.

soooo...i definately like the subs because they are loud and play nice and low. as far as quality, u may want to go with something like JL audio or maybe the new crossfire subs for about the same price. Kove and Brahma are awesome subs from what i've heard in friend's cars, but those subs are a good chunk of change and heavy as all hell...easily 30lbs + for each 12. that is something u also have to consider

hope i helped
james

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I have to say that I really like my Audiobahn subs!! I have 4 High Excursion 10"s in a big ported box and they hit a 152.3 with no distortion. Right now you can get the same subs I have (AW1000X) for around $130 a pair shipped. I don't think that's a bad deal at all.

Here's a pic. The box does take up the entire trunk but that's why the back seats fold down, so you can still load stuff in.

As far as Kove. If you can get your hands on a Kove 15" U-Series Armaggedon Sub you will set and destroy any who seeks to challenge you. Pricey yes, but it depends on how much you want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Originally posted by: blustreak
I have to say that I really like my Audiobahn subs!! I have 4 High Excursion 10"s in a big ported box and they hit a 152.3 with no distortion. Right now you can get the same subs I have (AW1000X) for around $130 a pair shipped. I don't think that's a bad deal at all.

Here's a pic. The box does take up the entire trunk but that's why the back seats fold down, so you can still load stuff in.

As far as Kove. If you can get your hands on a Kove 15" U-Series Armaggedon Sub you will set and destroy any who seeks to challenge you. Pricey yes, but it depends on how much you want it.

that's a pretty nice and unique design for that box....just a few ?'s tho because im considering 4 10's for my next system...
-did u face them forwards when u were burping them?
-what are the specs of the box? (just a rough estimate)
-and have u tried facing them up or back?

thanks man
james

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
not to jack your thread but....
when they were tested we just played a bass cd with different frequencies and they were faced forward. I have never faced them backwards because the box is too big. With the box the way it is the seats just lock and touch the magnets of the 2 subs. As far as facing them up the box is way to long.

I know alot of people like facing the subs up at the back window but with my setup I have very minimal rattle for how strong and deep the bass is. All the air is pushed into the cabin and right at the passengers :banana:

pm if you have any more questions. I have pictures of the box being made. So you can see what the structure of it looked like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts