New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you keep the overdrive off through the entire 1/4 run or will i run out of gear and do you recommend diff gears for better 1/4 mile time any other helpfull hints for my slow atx would be great

thanks dusty

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Don't worry about running out of gearing with O/D off. 3rd is good to about 120 and you'll be mid-to-high-80s at the end of the 1/4 mile. I haven't taken mine to a drag strip, so I don't really have a pointers to squeak out an extra tenth or two.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Put it in first. Step on the gas but don't floor it, not till you hit about 3500 RPMs, then you'll get that extra kick of power. When you hit 5500, shift to second. Then when you hit 5500K again shift into Drive.

Mike

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i took my atx up the strip and passed the line in second at 80.81mph rev counter was just at the red line the quickest results i got was to hold it on the brakes with some throttle,as the tree starts going to green mash the throttle(trac control off) release the brake and let the box do the work.......
im not saying this is the best way but that was how i got my fastest time:shrug:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
mike my time was 17.1 seconds with two 12" subs x-box etc no point running it how i dont use it just ran it in standard trim how i use it every day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts