New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick question, i just had my atx rebuilt, and I noticed that they didn't put the overflow tube back, its missing. Do i really need it, and will it make a difference if its not there?

·
Administrator
24,394 Posts
Re: ATX Overflow Tube

Overflow tube?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

the rubber hose that runs from under the battery tray. to the top in the engine bay.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

its connected on the bottom, but the top part just sits there to let out excess fluid i guess

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
It's a vent, but the hose isn't really needed to vent. It is helpful in preventing crap winding up in the trans. If they didn't include it just get a small section of hose from AutoZone and a clamp.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They didnt move it elsewhere, these d!#k heads just left it sitting there, totally disconnected. Ill go to autozone and get another hose...thanks

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I think he means they didn't reattach the hose to the vent port.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone please instruct me on how to attach this breather tube back onto the vent exactly?

·
Administrator
24,394 Posts
There should be a little fitting on top of the transmission, just underneath the air filter box. That’s where it goes.

·
5,257 Posts
What B3NN3TT said, one end connects to a small fitting on top of the ATX housing, beneath the air filter; the other end is open, originally it would have been held by a clip? on the battery tray, I think. Either way, one end connects to fitting top of ATX, the other is open to atmosphere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts