New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is a list of parts for everyone who is contemplating a swap. Let me know if I have an error or forgot something. Im doing this on memory from months ago.

1. Duratec MTX-75 trans

2. Clutch

3. pressure plate

4. Slave cyl.

5. Upper clutch hydraulic line

6. Lower clutch hydraulic line

7. Clutch pedal assy !!includes brake pedal, and cluch master cyl.!!!! You HAVE to get this, you cant just get the clutch pedal itself and put it on your ATX brake pedal bracket. FORD PART NUMBER IS F7RZ-2455-AA

8. Shifter assy

9. Shifter cables

10. Front trans mount AND bracket

11. Trans to frame rail mount

12. Rear trans mount AND bracket

13. MTX subframe OR fabricate a plate to hold rear trans mount to subframe

14. Flywheel

15. Shifter boot

16. Duratec MTX-75 speed sensor

16. Correct ECU (not neccecary for the car to run but do it at some point. all you need to do is jumper the park/neutral safty switch to drive the car. I drove mine for a while with the ATX computer)

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
just curious.. is a lsd required

·
Registered
256 Posts
IIRC...lsd is what replaces a stock differential. jsut a good upgrade to do while u got the tranny out...or thats what people told me
btw i have exigents whole how-to if ya people want it

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quaife would be a great addition to the work done at the time of the swap. Keep in mind installing a diff is not a job for an amature. If you have shimmed, and set up diffs before I dont think you would have a problem though. Keep in mind I have NO experience installing a diff in a cougar. I am simply going on my experiences setting up other transmissions.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: DarkSide
IIRC...lsd is what replaces a stock differential. jsut a good upgrade to do while u got the tranny out...or thats what people told me
btw i have exigents whole how-to if ya people want it
What did you use to open that document? I tried the adobe acrobat reader and it got cut off both to the left of the document and towards the end.

S

·
0 Posts
and price wise...what would it roughly cost for everything on that parts list....

·
Registered
256 Posts
prolly lookin at fordpartsonline.com and car-parts.com plus the different clutches and flywheels u could get,id say u could spend from $2500+

S

·
0 Posts
ok next big question...does anyone know anyone that does good trans work near birmingham, al that could tackle the job???

·
Registered
256 Posts
imma try to do an attachment.... use MS word or notepad or somethin of that sort to open it...not adobe

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Darkside....that helped out a huuugge amount..now I just need to find someone in alabama (preferably bham area) to do the swap for me

·
Registered
256 Posts
hey man...hope you find soemone good to do it..i wouldnt try to half ass it ya kno? its gonna cost an arm and a leg to do it professionally.
i got quoted at like 5k or so to do it...its somethin on my own to do list tho.

S

·
0 Posts
well i have been thinking about it....i can either do body kit mold it and have a custom paint job done for around 4g....or i can turn around and improve the performance and make it a 5spd for about the same price....so im thinking on performance i love the lines as it sits already and i have done small things here and there....so thats what im probly going to do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts