New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I accidently found out that my wonderful GF is getting me a GMK intake for x-mas. Question I have is when you hit the throttle my engine rocks back and forth something fierce. I don't want there to be any issues with the pipping rubbing in the hole I will have to make (although I do plan on doing something with the hole to protect the pipe).

Can I fill the mounts as easily as I could with an MTX? I'm not expecting any performance increase by doing this. Just want to prevent the engine from hopping and bopping around possably damaging the new pipping.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Do you have a digicam?>
Pics would help, but ive been told atx can modify the front one only...
filling both if possible will help greatly with driveline lash...go for it

also about the pipe, put some foam/padding/weatherstripping etc where it might rub and it will be fine.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If it moves violently, check to make sure all your motor mounts are still intact and not missing bolts. I sometimes get a bad shaking, but one of my motor mounts is loose.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a cam. what do you want a pic of?? I doubt I will crawl under the car right now as it's been snowing the last few days and really don't want to get wet crawling under it.

The car only has 15k on it so doubt any mount is broken or whatever. Done it since I bought it. I would say it's typical movement.

And yes I have weather stripping from work that I was going to put around the hole. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.