New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a part owner of a ISP.
And I am willing to indeed offer this board a deal.
We will sell this board a Dual P3 800
256 mb Kingston pc 133 ram.
20 gig hd .
Runing redhat 6.2 , custom tailored kernel. apache mysql php etc..
All setup ready to go. This box is fast. We host some of the largest sites on the net on these boxes. 1u rackamount.
It is capable of pulling 10mbps , about 2900 gigs of bandwidth /month. We will sell this box to the board at $1600. I will personally garantee 99.999% uptime. This box is sold for over $2700 dollars in the market, being a ISP we obviously get them wholesale price.

As for the monthly payment there would be a 150 server colocation fee + bandwidth at $650/month for 306 gigs ... This is a discount price specifically to this board from me. We sell it at 800 dollars/mbps (306 gigs) normally. If less bandwidth is used you or whomever operates this board will pay for whatever is being used.

There will be a realtime mrtg stats which will briefly report the bandwidth usage of the box. 99.98%/month network uptime garantee or 60 dollars /hour of downtime over 99.98% will be donated to the board.

I've worked this out with our CEO and CFO and am happy to present it to the board.

Regards:
Simon N

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Board uptime is not really a concern ... maybe if we had an online shopping cart, but we don't .I don't see relocating the server either ... your T1's are no faster than my networks 2 T1's. I really appreciate the offer, but I will pass. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have Mutliple OC 12 connections to UUNET, Sprint, Mae-East , Mae-West.

And I was simply offering. And I understand your point about board's uptime.

Regards:
Simon N

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Again, I greatly appreciate your inniciative and enthusiasm, but this offer does not fit the board's needs. Sure, bandwidth will be AWESOME, but there is no need to move the board to a monthly price structure when there is absolutely no income stream. Besides, this would mean converting the current SQL Server 7.0 database to a MySQL database via multiple SQL Scripting ... PITA! Not to mention, we would have to raise another $1200 for a new ColdFusion Linux license ... currently running on Win2000.

Again, Thank You very much for looking into this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes thanks a lot for the offer. It's nice to see that people really do try to keep this board running, and get NECO deals wherever they can.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i would like to say thank you also for the offer.... although it is entincing (sp?) this baord really does not need that bandwidth, uptime, or reliability....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.