New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend just bought a 2001 C2 and after picking it up last night I noticed that it had city lights. I was wondering if all 2001 Cougars have this or is it just the C2. Or maybe the C2 and ZN only. Does anyone know?? They look awesome.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
engine bay fuse box, fuse #11 will remove the daytime running lights

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nonononono! I'm not talking about fog lights. I know what fog lights are. And they are not daytime running lights, because they are not on during the day. City lights are very dim lights that come on with the parking lights.

Does everybody know where the high beam bulbs are?? On the 2001 they are not projector beam lights, only the low beams are. Anyway, when you look in at the high beam light bulb, there is another small light bulb sticking into the bezel about 1 1/2" towards the grill. Its gives a really cool look. Does anyone have a 2001 Cougar yet?? I'll take a pictures when I get a chance to show you.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
colbra ..that light ur talking about is the mini light thing..

what i did was took out my head light and switched it with a red bulb..all the crome looks good cuz the light bounces around in there...

this pic was when i had blue bulbs in there ..

picture

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
yeah those are Daytime Running Lights... just as Puck said... engine bay fuse area 11 in the newer Cougs or area 1 in the 99's turn this feature on and off... I bought his relay and really dig mine! although whenever we are gettin group photos taken and everyone's engine is runnin I get yelled at for having my lights on so I have to turn the car off... hehhe

But if you are talkin about the mini-lights... those are called city lights and ALL COUGARS have em but they don't have bulbs or wires connected to them here in the states...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys, I looked in her manual last night and they are technically called parking lights. They are not daytime running lights because it is a domestic (US) Cougar. RyDwy, the different color bulb is kind of a cool idea. I usually hate off color lights like blue turn signals, but since her car is French Blue, maybe blue parking (mini) lights would look cool.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
cobra u have to remember having thos blue lights in there ..can easly get u a tickets...dont PM me yelling at me that u got a ticket ehehe i have red ones in there and ya ill probly get a ticket.. if u ever do get pulled over shut off ur car and turn off ur lights ...so when he checks if u have a front plate he wont see the blue lights.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I dont have a prob with the blue lights.. When its completely dark out the headlights WAY overpower the tiny blue bulbs.. Now with red.. that mat stand out a bit more! I had many cops watch me when I have the blues on and not a word.. However.. this doesn't mean I wont get pulled over for them someday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.