New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supercharged
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, the posts in this forum have been getting out of control. When I first started reading here it was a goldmine of information. We were on the Cougar FI frontier and everyone was welcome to express their ideas. Now, we're approaching middle age and along with it comes the negativity. People have various kits installed and FI isn't so new anymore so when somebody offers up a new idea or question alot of people are quick to jump at the chance to crush it. There is a bit of superiority complex occuring and it needs to stop. Let's try to stick by the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" addage.

A comment like "The stock internals won't take well to that kind of boost" is good.
A comment like "You @#% moron! You'll blow your engine running that kind of pressure!" is not.

If someone isn't being truthful it will eventually come out. It doesn't require 3 paragraphs of rant and a followup to justify the situation. Everybody who participates in this forum is an asset. If not technically than for the different perspective they bring. Remember this next time you have the urge to "put someone in their place." Just take a breath and move on to the next thread.

Compare this forum with the FI forum on contour.org and I think you'll agree with me. If not, feel free to PM me.

N

·
0 Posts
I totally agree...its about time someone with some history at Neco spoke up! I understand some people have a hard time admitting they are wrong but they will change over time when they realize the info given to them is correct.

I give this one a big :thumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well put! I have neglected to post anthing here anymore for this very reason. I have not gone anywhere or quit on anything just neglect to post because I have better things to do with my time than argue with someone over things on this board.

N

·
0 Posts
:wave: Hey....nice to see you again!! You really should PM me sometime, i have a few things i need help with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts