New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I did the search but found nothing. I know there was a post on this a while ago. So what is the best way to put it on. Do you first remove the paper type backing on the lettering first.(I am reffering to the ones im getting from vinz decals). then obviously wash the window. then use some soap and water in a bottle then apple it and even it out then let that all dry then take off the clear plastic. I just wanna do it right otherwise ill mess it all up. I did it once before, but I left the paper on and didnt use any soap and water. Then placed it where I wanted it then slowly pealed the paper back and placed it on slowly. Is that how its done or just take the entire paper backing off at one time like above?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, definatly wash very well first.

Most vinyl stuff comes on two peices of paper, one on either side of the vinyl. Personally, when ever I put vinyl things on my car, or surfaces at work, I completly peel the back cover off, so the side that will stick to the car is exposed. Then slowly place where you want it, making sure that you work your way from one side to the other....VERY SLOWLY. Use a credit card to smooth it out as you go, so you will remove all air bubbles.

I have never had any problems doing it that way, actually I had to remove some of the vinyl on my rear glass, and it was pretty tough....made me feel good about the rest of it. :)

G

·
I used to work a sign shop and the way we did it was:
1: You tape it into place with tape on each side and a big peice right in the middle
2: You take the backing off the first half and slowly work that section down and make sure you get it straight
3: Take the tape off the other side and pull off the backing, then slowly work your way from the side to the middle making very sure you don't stretch it or leave airbubble's

It can be a little tricky, but once you get used to it it's really easy.

I know another way a freind uses is putting soapy water on the windshield, so that you can move it and slide it a little until it dries, but I never really liked the look once it was finished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts