New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the vtech tail light covers and just wanted to know a few things.Frist when I go to the shop all the guy needs to do is sand them down and paint them to match my car?Second when I use the tape to secure them they will never be able to come off?Also I think it will be easy to line it up but has anyone had any problems thanks for all the input!Sorry one more thing any of you guys own a black 99 cougar could you let me know the paint code for some reason its not on my door jam I know he probably wont need it but just in case thanks again....

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i can help u with 2 things..

when u put them off yes they can come back off again..its just M3 table ..finishing line will take it off easy. but if u try to rip it off with ur hands u could crack the paint..so fishingn line for that part..

u can find the paint code in ur door jam

·
Registered
204 Posts
Should have gotten them from custom carribean for $70 they come already painted for your car. Should have two people install the cover so you both can take a end and line them up. Once you put them on it is on tight. You can use the fishing line to take them off, but put them on right the first time, you don't have to take them off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is just my 2 cents.

I recently bought my covers. I went to a local bodyshop supply store...they custom mixed me mercury black and but it in a spray can with some reducer. It works well. Sand the covers and spray away. As a finishing touch I clear coated them.

By the way the paint code I think is UB. I think mercury calls it Ebony.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andrew,
Can you give me the contact info for Custom Caribbean? I couldn't find them through Yahoo.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yes, you have to send them your color code, it's on your driver's side door label. You'll see the body style of T61, and then just above that should be the two-digit paint code. (E.g. Spruce Green is FS, but your milage may vary.)

On their web site, order the Specialty covers ($70+shipping), and select Ovals in the drop-box on the order form. Then punch in your car's year, make, model, and color code in the Ordering Instructions box and send away.

Not sure how long it takes tho. I ordered mine last Thursday morning, and then with the holiday(s) in there, and shipping to Canada, not sure how long it will take.

Cheers,
Scott.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Are the covers the same price thru both Lund and VTech? Is it definetly worth getting them painted thru Caribbean Custom or should I go to a local autobody shop? Money wise, which is cheaper to do? I really need some info soon because I want to put in my order tonight. Thanks in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.