New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just for a CTA intake tonight, and im lookin to get an exhaust. and i dont have the best income right now, so im looking for the cheap way out for the most part. and i know its "you get what you pay for", but i was hoping that this might not be the case all the time. and i see the pacesetter exhaust is the cheapest on CC.com, so im thinking that. but i have a few questions:
-does anyone have this with their I4? if so, any problems (rust, muffler overheating, LOSS of hp (as stated in a thread in the vid/pics section))
-does anyone have a setup that was cheaper than this one ($209 + shipping)? if so, any problems? and what is it exactly?
-should i take the cheap way out/ or do you all think it would be worth the extra $100 for a better exhaust?
-is it true that any duel exit system will not give as much hp gains as a single exit system with our I4's?

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

ps. i did search on here, and cougardb.com, so i did try to find some answers lol.

·
Registered
669 Posts
well I asked this same question on CEG and nobody seems to be running this setup...not even the duratec guys

and all I hear is rust, rust, power loss, cheap system...

luckily I can get an SVT exhaust instead but I'm not sure if it'd fit the cougar (probably not)...

also, I don't think dual or single has anything to do with it...some people say single is the best setup, however there are no dyno results showing a single setup net more power than a dual exhaust setup...

I believe its all in your setup (quality of pipes, mufflers, etc.)

I think your best bet would be to go custom and see if an exhaust shop can hook u up with a price.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I know that the Pacesetter systems for the ZX2 suck.. They don't come with a flex-pipe and the material is cheap. After a year or two it will vibrate and rust itself to peices.

The cheapest way to go is to:
1. get a nice muffler and use the stock piping (you'll have nice torque)
2. go to a muffler shop and have them bend you piping (usually about $100) and buy a muffler and have them install it all. All together that should run you under $200

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
under $200 and a hella lot better than the pacesetter? im all over it! thanks man.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooh, ok. thanks james :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts