New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna make sub boxes in the corners behind the wheel-wells for dual 10's. anyone thats done it have plans? the subs im getting recommend .7 cu ft airspace.

also,
-if you dont have these plans, is it a good idea to angle the subs a lil forward so they dont face each other?
-should i port them? i want it to sound clean and with what im puttin in it should thump on its own. i dont want it to like win any sound competitions, i just want it to sound good and clean. if no one has these plans, i'll post em later this year when i get it done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would go with sealed boxes for the cleanest sound with the least distortion (clipping). I built my trunk up so that the subs point at the window of the hatch (the sound is sent off the glass at the back of your head....the glory of a hatchback). I should have a pic of it in the next day or two and I'll put it up for you to look at. I was initially thinking of making my boxes in those little cubby holes, but I figured I would lose a lot of sound quality and volume.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im goin more for the show appearance than the best sound. so im gonna put 10" Aluminum cone Xplods and paint the red Xplod letters with yellow fingernail paint. im gonna cover em with yellow kicker grills. im gonna run it with a JBL 1200 mono sub amp that im told will kick over 1400 watts ant 14.4 volts of charge! oh yeah, im gonna paint that yellow too.

yes, ive heard how xplods suck, but they look awesome and the aluminum ones cant be that bad.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Take a look in "Audio & Electrical"...I posted there with some pics of my trunk set-up...might help give you some ideas.
Charles

·
Registered
404 Posts
talk to craig, StreetConcepts, he has a little thingy on his site of him making custom boxes, maybe he can help you out.....

lAdZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts