New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to paint the plastic piece that goes around the door handle and such in my doors and am wondering if anyone has done this? mainly for the purpose of figuring out how to get them out. thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
take door pannel off. carefully drill out plastic welds, so that you still have material to reassemble. remove handle. youre gonna need to drill out ALL the welds so take your time, and youll get parts back together just fine. take to a paint shop and pick your color. to reassemble you can use screws, pannel bonding adhesives, or chemically bond the plastic back together(not for backyarders...sorry). then you can rock and roll.

josh

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda in the middle of redoing my doors panels as we speak coincidentally with new lighting / vinyl / painting / tweeters / etc...

Here's what you need. Sorry if the words I typed in are unclear from converting from a jpg. If you can't read something, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks you two.

excelcier - i see 2 red [x]'s on your inline. the attached pic works fine.

im not exactly a backyarder, i rebuilt my car (cut 2 cars in half, put it together as one) but i just needed some general direction.

1badcat- you wouldnt happen to have pics of those being painted?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Inlined Ron's pics......

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
my doorpannels have been an ongoing saga. about a year ago i started rebuilding my stock ones and had to disassemble, but they ended up getting tossed with my 12"sub dash. they werent stock anyway, so it wouldnt have helped you in this situation. im in the process of rebuilding a new dash and doors now, but no stock parts will find their way onto them.

the pics excelcier posted show exactly what you need to separate. great pics!!

josh

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
sorry to go off topic here but it seems well answered ut i was just wondering about this..
-[www.fastcougar.com/forums/attachments/filename.???]
do you actually type filename.(and then the name)?
or is it attachments/(the filename)?

this would reall yhelp me get rid of the stupid 'x's' i post all the time..

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right click on the pic after you attach it, the "copy shortcut", then edit the message and inline the pic that way. thats how i do it.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
thanx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts