New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been a major issue here at NECO, but is the Jet Chip worth the money? I mean i wanna feel power gains. What is the major difference between the jet and super? Are there any others available? I heard of a diablo chip but never heard anything definite. Does anybody have this one? With all of this time and money into these chips you would think they would do something to benefit your engine performance. I just wanna know so I dont waste my time and money. Please give honest opinions of the chips. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
After I get the exhaust work out of the way, my next mods will by a Jet chip and the OMP strut tower brace. I figure the ignition advance should be worth about 5-10hp if its done right.* Chances are the air/fuel mix at WOT is already pretty optimized. If it changes shift points or firmness, that would be nice too.

(*The only difference between the Chrysler 300M and Intrepid R/T performance-wise is that the 300M is tuned for premium gas, but the R/T only needs regular. The 300M has 253hp to the Intrepid R/T's 242hp.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the JET chip, and a lot of the same mods you have. And I love the chip. Granted I installed everything at once, and noticed a huge difference. So, it's not to say that the chip alone made all the power.

Guess I don't know what gave me the boost, but something did. The chip seems to firm up the shifting points. But now I'm getting lower gas mileage. It was at 20 intown before, now it's around 15-16.

Also, when we installed everything, the guy helping me messed with hoses and adjusted stuff under the hood. Not sure what he did though. He used to race, and now is in a "pit crew" for a funny car racer. So he knows what he's doing...

Anyway, I like the chip, but guess that's saying I like all the mods. Maybe you should save up a little more, and get the new headers.. they are supposed to give you the greatest gains.

Shon

·
Registered
591 Posts
Chips are mainly for smoothing out the powerband, not peak power...it allows you to accelerate a bit quicker w/ less power spikes...and if you have an auto, it should firm up/improve your shifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.