New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one and need to know how often do i need to clean the air filter and will the k&n filter cleaner work.

·
5,280 Posts
Yes, the K&N filter cleaner kit will work just fine.
(I think the filter supplied w/ the Injen is actually a K&N filter, just has the Injen logo on the end).

I _believe_ the cleaning interval is 15,000 miles. I'm not sure off the top of my head though...

HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
inspect it every month and see how dirty it is ....it does take some time for it to completly dry though .. atleast 6 hours ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot guys.. injen comes with a k&n filter?? i thought so but then i wasnt sure. oh well i think ill just go and clean my filter now....

·
Registered
719 Posts
It's a good idea to clean it about every 2 mounts or if you drive hard maybe a little more often

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Yes. Injen uses a K&N filter. Just get the kit for like $10 at any auto store and do it. One spray is used to help clean it, use faucet from inside the filter to rinse the dirt and crap outward. Then let it dry naturally. Then spray it with oil, but not too much otherwise you can screw up the MAF sensor (or so I've read).

·
Registered
892 Posts
what exactly would happen if u put too much oil on? cough...ya i was cleaning mine and didn't realize the amount of oil i put on after...i tried to shake some off but to no avail...i let it sit a good amount of time buttttt....i wouldn't be surrpised if i put WAY too much on

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Dunno I've never done it yet, but I'd use a papertowel and try to get it off. Read the packaging, maybe it has some info. I've just heard that the oil could get on your MAF sensor and screw up the readings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts