New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friends are looking into "splitting" a g tech, but i first want to find out if anyone has one and if they do actually work as good as they say they do. so any feedback would be great.

N

·
0 Posts
I think the thing works great if used properly. Comes within 0.2 of actual time. Just remember....you have no tree, so always add about 0.2 to your G-Tech time to take care of reaction time at the track. Unless your that good:cover:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Why would you add time? Your reaction time doesnt affect your ET. It just helps determine whether you win or lose the race.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had one, thought it was cool. I used it for about a week but then got tired of it, be careful while trying to find out what you pull laterally b/c I almost hit some random ped's....Anyway, it seemed to work well, but I ended up returning it, it's coolness vs. price wasn't worth it in my eyes

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
G-tech does not allow for tire rollout. Therefore it will "technically" register a little slower ET and about 5% higher trap speed.

The best way to use a G-tech is making at least 2 passes both ways and then averaging the times or the numbers. This accounts for the slope of the road.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the price thing isnt gonna be much of a problem... like i said, we're splitting it among at least 5 guys, so about $30 a person then we'll trade it off and on. cuz we are always putting new stuff in our cars, and that looks a lot cheaper than dynoing it each time. but im glad to hear that it works well so i will end up getting part of one.

edit: how close are the horsepower numbers that it puts out???

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
Why would you add time? Your reaction time doesnt affect your ET. It just helps determine whether you win or lose the race.

Lol...really? That shows how many times i've been to the track.:shrug:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Your RT has everything to do with your total time, so you must take it into account when using a G-tech. I have one, but don't know what I did with it....it's around here somewhere.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by: VHull03

edit: how close are the horsepower numbers that it puts out???
Do NOT get a g-tech if the main purpose you want it for is the HP ratings it gives. I have the g-tech Pro and it is pretty cool for 1/4 or 0-60 times. But when you dyno a car the car is sitting there, with the g-tech you obviously have to be moving. and it states in the instruction book that since wind resistance is a HUGE factor your HP readings will be very low. For example i put down about 158 FWHP on a dyno. But the g-tech said i only had ~130 HP. So it is very misleading to say the least. Anyway goodluck with your decision

·
Registered
674 Posts
yea, it said I put out about 130 to the wheels as well.....you say the dyno said 158 WFHP :confused: .....are you sure you don't meen to the wheels because that is um, less than what you started with

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Originally posted by: JohnnyRed
yea, it said I put out about 130 to the wheels as well.....you say the dyno said 158 WFHP :confused: .....are you sure you don't meen to the wheels because that is um, less than what you started with
FWHP = FRONT Wheel Horse Power

RWHP = REAR Wheel Horse Power

HP = CRANK Horse Power

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
k, new question here about the horsepower thing...

will the g tech give relative hp gains if used in identical conditions after a mod is added??

hypothetical situation: i take my car to the dyno and get 150 fwhp rating. then i hop on a nice road with the g tech and it kicks out 120 hp. i then put in an exhaust kit that adds 6 hp on the dyno..
then using the g tech in identical wind/road conditions, will the g tech add 6 hp?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts