New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

I have my new tranny in my trunk, and my clutch and flywheel. The tranny is ripping my trunk up, and I have no room in my garage since we are getting our bathrooms redone, so it's full.

It's a good tranny, and should be fun. I just need a hand or 3. Anyone want to get involved???

Specs of the tranny:

-Brand New Mtx-75 w/ B1 gear set (not sure of actual year, but it does have the better shift tower and internals)
-Quaife LSD
-4.5 final drive
-Spec Clutch
-Fidanza flywheel

M

·
0 Posts
Not too keen on instaling tranny's, but if you need any Ford parts, lemme know. I'd be happy to assist.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Originally posted by: temujin77
I ain't so good with tools but gimme a call if you need someone to hold a flashlight or something :)

or take photos :wiggle:

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
I'll help if you fly me out.:biggrin: :wave:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Air fare, hockey tickets, and incredible hulks a fair labor charge :wiggle:

·
Registered
549 Posts
oh oh i can help if im free that day- im bugging my dad to do a swap on my baby too... isnt not goin so well though

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: Teflonworm
Air fare, hockey tickets, and incredible hulks a fair labor charge :wiggle:
OH H-E-doublehockeysticks YEAH!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I just need the place and the tools...anyone got a place??

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Casa de Hooven :banana:

What kinda time is expected to be done on this?? Labor hours that is :cool:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Originally posted by: Teflonworm
Originally posted by: temujin77
I ain't so good with tools but gimme a call if you need someone to hold a flashlight or something :)

or take photos :wiggle:
Oh you don't worry about that, you know I'll have my camera ready with two sets of spare batteries :)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
that should take a whole day or a whole weekend if you've never removed the tranny before. If you know exactly what you're doing and have some nice air tools and lifts, you can have the ATX out in maybe 2 hours or less. Not sure about the actual swap tho.

Mike

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figure I need a weekend...

Basically it's subframe off--->tranny out--->New tranny and clutch/flywheel in---->subframe back on...Drive around like I'm the man... ;)

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: pgtatx
I figure I need a weekend...

Basically it's subframe off--->tranny out--->New tranny and clutch/flywheel in---->subframe back on...Drive around like I'm the man... ;)
Sounds good in your head doesn't it ;)?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Absolutely...

The subframe isn't as hard to remove as people think...realistically, this can all be done in a 10hr time frame with no problems...Including removal of everything and replacing everything.

Ford charges for lik 10 hours for the removal, and 10hrs for the install, that's why it;s like $1200 in labor from ford to get your clutch changed...

·
Registered
549 Posts
alright well i will check it over with my dad... ive been buggin him for a while now bc i want to do a swap of my car but he said hes swamped with work and didnt have time....but i will ask him if we could use the lifts for a weekend

hey what are you doing with your stock tranny?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I could never ask your dad to do this for me...as this isn't just an oil change, or a brake job.

However, if he had the time to help, I'd be glad to pay him something for his time, and give you my tranny for free. I can also hook you up with a quaife afterwards if needed.

But in case it didn't get done in a timely manner, i'd need a place to stay also...which adds to that problem.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts