New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd like to give auto-x a try. i looked at the cincy scca website for dates and info about their events. the loast event this summer is oct 21 (sunday) at riverdowns on kellogg ave. i've never been before and wanted to see if anyone wanted to go race with me. here's their website Welcome to The Cincinnati SCCA check it out for info if u need it. like i said i've never done it before and i'm gonna figure it out as i go while i'm there. let me know and we can meet up and go down together.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,812 Posts
I totally want to autocross, but not until after I get my LSD installed. So it's not happening this season!

·
5,315 Posts
Dude, I'd be there if it weren't an already booked weekend. I'd encourage you to go, even if you don't run, just to watch. I had a BLAST when I ran at CougarFest 2004.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally want to autocross, but not until after I get my LSD installed. So it's not happening this season!
y not make a couple runs w/out the LSD as a baseline? then u'll be able to quantify an improvement by installing the LSD. plus u can come hang out w/ ur favorite cincy people.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,812 Posts
If I run now, I will grenade my transmission. It's THAT BAD.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm, LSD FTW! I love the LSD in the Mini! Good luck with the install, Andy! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,812 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm, LSD FTW! I love the LSD in the Mini! Good luck with the install, Andy! :thumbsup:
Thanks! If all goes according to plan, I'll have my beater fixed next month, so I can work on teh MTX-75 at my leisure all winter, and have it ready when the snow breaks.

I'm going to get a Torsen, as I've heard they have better torque-biasing than the Quaife - and they are hella cheaper :rofl:

Already have a Fidanza sitting in my kitchen, so I just need to get a clutch...

SOON, my friends, soon...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
If my car is fixed I want to run it. If not then I'll just hand out.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Thanks! If all goes according to plan, I'll have my beater fixed next month, so I can work on teh MTX-75 at my leisure all winter, and have it ready when the snow breaks.

I'm going to get a Torsen, as I've heard they have better torque-biasing than the Quaife - and they are hella cheaper :rofl:

Already have a Fidanza sitting in my kitchen, so I just need to get a clutch...

SOON, my friends, soon...
Ohhhh, I remember the days of car parts everywhere! :rofl::rofl: Pretty soon, you start mistaking certain tools and parts as furniture or plates you can eat off of! :rofl:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd love to come out and hang out and run my coog, but after getting roasted by a late 80s Chevy 3500HD earlier this week to 70mph on a 2 lane onramp :/ i dont think my car's up for a beating until i figure out what's wrong with it

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,812 Posts
Dude an F350 turbodiesel pretty much ATE MY LUNCH a few weeks ago. Torque - it's what's for dinner...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd love to come out and hang out and run my coog, but after getting roasted by a late 80s Chevy 3500HD earlier this week to 70mph on a 2 lane onramp :/ i dont think my car's up for a beating until i figure out what's wrong with it
well w/ the bat suspension kit, i think u'd do pretty well. now that i got springs and struts, i think it'd b a close race between u and me. now if rodney runs, it's just not fair w/ his 3L and the gc/konis he's got.

·
Registered
867 Posts
well w/ the bat suspension kit, i think u'd do pretty well. now that i got springs and struts, i think it'd b a close race between u and me. now if rodney runs, it's just not fair w/ his 3L and the gc/konis he's got.
I'm not running the bat kit anymore I have Bilstein up front, Bat in the back and B&G all around~all i can say is it handles like a maniac :) but without my engine running right, i dont think i want to try

Oh and I'd want his Koni's but not his GC, IIRC GC arent the greatest~

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I would seriously consider if someone has a helmet I can use. I don't fell like drop money on the gas, event fee, broken parts, and then a helmet on top of that.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
according to the site they got loaner helmets. plus i think i got one sitting around in storage somewhere. i'm gonna look for it b4 then in case they don't have any.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so... it's this weekend. who's in?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Sorry, I'm out. I need to go new car shopping before it gets too cold outside.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.