New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do we still have anyone around trollling the message board other than me? If so hows your cougar doing? Mines broke so sad :(

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
What's wrong with the coug? I sadly no longer have one... debating on getting another but idk... it tends to be quite the money pit haha... louisiana has like a million cougar drivers, where in la are you? I'm in monroe and with ULM here their are a million college kids with them, every time I see one I tear a piece of paper and write newcougar.org on it hoping they will come see us haha... although since its not very professional most people probably assume its a bs website of some sort... ohwell... /rant

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im from hammond I go to slu and from what i remember most people just ignore the stuff you put on their windows even if it would help them. But as far as whats wrong with the coug the bolt in the shift tower broke and i need to pull the tranny to get the other half of the bolt out and inspect it to make sure there was no damage. Plus i have a 3.0 on the motor stand the main thing holding me back from getting it back on the road is fear of messing something up putting my 3.0 togeather. Ive got good stuff tho if i ever do get it running, And yes my cougar has been quite the money pit but i'd say trans/ suspension wise i probably have one of the most modded cougs in La.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude i will take any help i can get! Im serious im ready to get this cougar back on the road. Although im not too sure how far prarieville is away from Loranger. Plus my working conditions are primative at best. But ive got a motor stand and a chain comealong to pull the motor out of the car. Really ive got most of the stuff minus the head gaskets and the other misc gaskets for the motor but those shouldnt be hard to come by. Ive got p&p heads as well so swapping over to the cougar intake system should be a simple task. If ya ever feel extremely bored and wanna help me get this going i'd gladly accept the help. Btw how did you get the plug out of the crank...?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i had a friend at a machine shop pull it. but you can do the old school method of grease and a peg. so your coug is not currently running?? ive been busy with the new house lately but in a couple weeks i might be more free. let me know what you want to do and i can see if i got time. just let me know.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that sounds great to me.. Also whats the grease and peg method ??

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
you pack the hole with as much heavy grease as you can get in it and find something that exactly fits the open hole. you push the object in and the grease acts like a hydrolic and will push the plug out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
since back in 03-04 yep its been pretty dead

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
so has there always been 3 people or less in this chapter??

nothin like Keystone... we had more then three in just Harrisburg :) Im working on your axels still bro... havent forgot about you. Sorry to troll :tongue:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
havent really done anything other than charge the battery and crank it i need to crawl under it and pull the axels and prepare the motor and trans to be removed but kinda afraid to get started with no help...just afraid to get the eng and trans out and then not be able to get the new motor rolling...i think its gonna be fairly simple to pull the eng and trans its that damn plug in the crank im concerned with. guess im just a little lazy a little apprehensive...but one thing for sure is im ready to get the coug back on the road.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
nah dont be worried about it, what most people have done is instead of taking it out is to just saw it off flush with the end of the crank. that way its out of the way and you dont have to go through the aggrevation of pulling it. im still in the process of settling down after the move, but once i get more stable i can wonder my way up to help ya out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts