New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
the cutlass you could prbably take with little problem, the Alero?? probably not unless you got some mods you arent listing. its got a 215hp 3.4l OHV, a lot more grunt than the DOHC, but you might get him in the 1/4 - 1 mile range.

G

·
u can take em both, the 3.1 not prob at all, they are weak, the 3.4 u have to get a good start then u can take him, but if you get a ****ty start the tq will give them a good lead then you have to play catchup and it takes a bit to catch them sometimes...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I pity the fool who must drive a GM crap mobile with OHV V6. I pity the fool...

G

·
I drove an Alero while I was on business once. Not bad, the the Cougar is definitely much faster

G

·
you could probably take him, if he's got the OHV engine, he might get the jump on you because of OHV grunt, but i think he's heavier.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well to let all of you know. You were right, thank you for the moral support. I took on the Cutlass tonight and the first thing we did was on the expressway starting at 40mph, I dropped it to 2nd and took off. Next we went from a red light and once again off I went. The third time we went at it same thing off I went. We did not go high speed just to about 65mph and I was head by a car or so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To my knowledge, the Alero's have 2 engines. They got a four that comes in mtx and optional atx, and their six only comes in a mtx. I think that covers the 99-00 models. So whoever spanked the Alero might have raced one with a four, which is fine with me cause i dont like those cars very much.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I find one then I will. I did take on a Sunfire GT with some mods. He almost drove his car into a Tree.

He had a new intake, dual exhaust, and something else that he told me, but I did not hear it very well. Anyway we never did get a good straight race but we did go through some nice curvy roads. This is where it got fun. We were really testing our cars on this dark curvy back road, the yellow caution signs were saying anywhere from 25-45mph. It was on the last S curve that he almost lost it. I was following behind him because it was only one lane and he seemed to know where he was going, but I guess not well enough. As he was turning left he started to slide and his back end hit the gravel on the side of the road, then the road turned right and when he turned it that way his back end whipped behind him. Luckily he made it out fine, I might add that he did a good job keeping it from crashing and burning. What a rush

·
Registered
591 Posts
Good kill on the fire...their competition. The cutlass and alero are merely cannon fodder for you to practice your launch on
Go out and kill some more fools!

G

·
GSRs and Sis might be a little lofty, but you might give it a shot. You could find a poor driver. I've found most guys with these cars suck.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have seen one Z24 with Fart Tip dual exhaust; it is funny and sounds like a lawnmower trying to take off. Like I said earlier I also have seen a Sunfire GT, I would like to race them but every time I try the road is too busy. But they will have not chance if they wait a week, that is when my Borla Exhaust comes in and is installed
Then I will sound like a real car, not a lawnmower. I will also have better handling because I also got a Strut Tower Brace, I will rock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.