New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there have been many threads asking if people have this kit on their cars. not goin for a repost here.

just checkin if anyone has ordered it and will have it on by spring or if i might be the first....

·
Registered
293 Posts
My car is in the shop right now getting the battle front done. I'm just waitin for some razzi sides and a drift rear. Soon as i get them my car should be outta there. So maybe a month? I guess it's not the whole kit. But i only like the front anyways.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that stock suspension or lowered? how much clearance is in the front? and how do the sides look in person? i think they look kinda plain from pics.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Goddamn that looks sexy.. I want...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
looks awesome... rear looks a lil high up but that will look awesome with a car with springs or coilovers because it will balance out the car a lot...

damn... i need $$!

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
I still don't know I will have to see it painted. NorCal, you get any pics of the gap between the headlights and the bumper?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I should have this kit on and painted (with the exception of the side skirts) in about a week and a half. I am to wondering how low to the ground it is, I hope not to low.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, im not real sure about those sides. they just look really plain, but i think the lines flow well with the car. i have a set of drift sides that im gonna try with it.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
4" clearance on stock suspension in the front (3.75 a the sides of the front bumper near the wheel well, since it dips down slightly). Let me tell you it's gonna be interesting driving this beeeyotch slammed another 2.75 inches.. :biggrin: As far as driving around on stock height; expect to take driveways at fairly steep angles if they're bad driveways. As always, going into a driveway is easier than going out. Does somebody want to write a how-to on exiting and entering low driveways? ;)

Fitment issues: Front bumper needs to have two v-cuts put in it to relieve flex tension. Passenger side sideskirt needs to be cut and shortened about 1/4-1/2", driver's side is pretty much OK. Rear fits fine. And it'll all look better painted, too. ;)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
the V-cuts will not deterioriate the fiberglass integrity? thats an amazingly low bumper on a stock suspension... I currently have about 3 inches with my SW on Progress Springs... if I swapped to that I think I would be on the ground.. looks like ya need coilovers for this baby or a stock suspension... and a nice driveway...

taking items at an angle is really hard sometimes.. there are places that I cannot go anymore and I have been places that I had to practically push the bumper on the ground in order to get out.. infact my Z3's are starting to crack from the stress but the bumper is still in great condition... fiberglass is alot stronger than I ever thought..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mike thank you for your input, after calling James I had no worries about this kit, but now I am starting to. He had told me that the bumper had 6-7 inches of clearance on stock suspension, as well as there would be no problem with the installation. I already have razzi side skirts on my car so there are no worries there. This v-cutting of the front has me seriously worried. I assured the body shop that I am having this installed at, that it would be a direct fitment, made especially for my car, now i am having second thoughts. Was there any problem with the plastic 5mph rear bumper?? as in did it have to be removed, since it was stated that it wouldn't have to be on custom cougars site.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
It is basically a direct fitment. The time spent on making slight adjustments to the bumper for fitment shouldn't rack up more than a 1 hour labor charge (if that, I could do it myself in about 30 minutes). The 5mph bumper did NOT have to be removed, but if you want to hide it you should put some kind of grille in the two openings in the rear of the bumper; otherwise you'll see a small portion of the 5mph bumper. As far as the sideskirts, they look good in person though they do stick out about 1 inch from the side of the car. They accent the flared up bodyline in the bottom panel well, and carry the angle from the front bumper to rear bumper incredibly well. As far as how low the rear bumper is, I'd say it's about 2" lower than stock, maybe 3". It's good and proportionate and fits the angled line of the car well (I HATE bumpers that make the car look 'flat' on the bottom, because that ruins the original design and flow of the car).

As far as ground clearance goes- I'm just as low on stock suspension as my friend's SVT Contour who has a Mirko Splitter and is sitting on Eibach springs- He's got 3.5-4" of clearance, as do most other SVT owners with the Mirko front splitter.

Tips for driving lowered? Well, take driveways at a really steep angle. It's way easier to pull into a driveway off the street than pull out. This is due to the fact that you have more room to come at a steep angle when coming into a driveway than you usually do going out. Have I scraped? Sure. But after the first 5 or 6 times, I rarely do it anymore. I realize this is going to change when the coilovers go on the car and it gets dumped another 2.5" :) (1.5" clearance sound good to you guys? I thought so too. ;)) Good thing I have other cars I can drive.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im tryin to get someone to help me photoshop drift sides on the battle kit over in vids/pics with no avail yet. i just think it looks kinda boring and sticks out too much. plus i'd have a lil more originality so within 2 months it doesnt become "played out" like some people on here say that everything is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts