New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found a place that will sell 2-way DEI car alarms with remote start for 150-175. These typically cost over 400 installed. Regular install should be around 50-75 bucks. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in these. I will be getting it installed next week. Remember, this is a remote start, and had the LCD remote that tells you what part of the car alarm has been triggered. Overall, for 250 or under, you can have a great alarm, rather than paying the normal 400 or more at any other location.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i know someone that put a remote start on his "manual" car. well he started it on day, forgot he left it in gear, and buck the car right into his house. $3000 in front end damage plus a new garage door.

i for one ALWAYS leave my car in gear when i turn it off. it takes pressure off of the e-brake. my dad was parked on a hill when his e-brake gave way. really messed up the car. if it were in gear he prob wouldn't have messed up his beloved el camino.

plus i know from expirience when i'm tired, sometimes i totally forget to push the clutch in to start. if that failsafe were disengaged, which it has to be in order for a remote starter to work, i would have messed my beloved cougar up many times.

well just my $.02

peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts