New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys are best buy were taking the car alarm out of my coug and putting it into my 6. Anyway, when they were trying to get out the led for the alarm, they cracked the piece that has the dfrost button. So what I need is the part # for those buttons. I think they come as a whole assembly. I need the one with the defrost, and the PATS light, and the 2 blank buttons. (no traction control). Thanks.

Tony

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Not quite sure...

21 Temp Control - w/o Auto Temp 38.93 - F8RZ19980BA

21 Temp Control - w/ Auto Temp 461.70 - XS8Z19980BA

22 Switch - Traction Control w/o Defroster 28.33 - XS8Z2C418AA

22 Switch - Traction Control w/ Defroster 41.67 - XS8Z2C418BA

23 Switch - Trip Computer 53.98 - XS8Z10D996AA

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw all of those, but I don't know which one I need. I think it's the one dlighthill is talking about, which isn't even shown on that diagram you posted 8ball. Thats why I wanted the part #. Anyone else?

Tony

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
you may want to also check out cougar parts database they have it organized a little better so it's easier to figure out what you need.
once you join (which only takes seconds.. and write down your password as there isn't a "forgot your password button), go to the category: instrument panel, subcategory: instrument panel, then "show parts" on the left and it'll list them. it uses the same diagram (linked earlier) but gives more descriptions.

good luck :) hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
no problem.. glad it helped :) seems more user friendly than FPO if you are just looking for a part number. the dealership couldn't find a PN for a part on my new car, so i used the cougar parts DB and gave it to them. definitely a great help to have that there :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
sorry shayne.. i thought that diagram was the one from FPO that isn't really clear. now that i re-read your post.. i see that you got it from cougar parts DB. i apologize.
hopefully between your post and then tony actually being able to look at cougar parts DB, he'll find what he needs. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man. I called my local dealer, and he gave me the same #, so I think I'm in good shape. Thanks to everyone who helped. :)

Tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts