New Cougar Forum banner

Anyone know how to . . . ?

645 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  h8beingbored 
#1 ·
I dont know exactly what it is called (if it has a name) . . . but i want to change the 4 circles with like the headlight switch and airconditioning controls . . . the black thing that surrounds the nobs . . . i want to get the silver ones from a 01 or 02 cougar . . . can you change those?

#3 ·
yea he's talking about the panels under the knobs that have the the pictures on them for the AC and heater controls, and the levels (1,2,3,4)..they're silver on the newer cougs and black on the older ones. I'm not sure if you can change that..I never really looked at them when I take my dash apart.

Mike

#6 ·
Yep... Follow the dash removal process until you get to the part that has you take off the piece that they are connected to. The piece just pulls off and the controls come with it. Unplug the wires from the back of the switches (I think there are 3 or 4). Once you have the piece out you can flip it over so you are looking at the back. The control knobs are held in by a few small screws. Once you remove the screws, the controls just pop right out. I took mine out when I painted my dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.