New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knew somewhere to get between 75-100 square feet of either Dynamat/Fatmat/etc. Feel free to let me know if there are other alternatives out there - I'm looking to do most of the car, but I don't want to spend the 400+ it's looking like at the current time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
when u say $400, are u talking about buying the materials and doing it yourself, or taking it to a shop for $400...if that is a shop doing it, that is a good price because i have been quoted at $600 the cheapest and that wasn't even the higher end dynamat.

if you are talking about just to buy it, i may be able to help you out. i have an account with select products, which is usually only good for about 10-20% off the retail prices, but i'de have to check. also...if u know anyone in best buy or circuit city, they should be able to get you the 12 sq/ft door kits (which u can use for anything) for around $30; a kit with their discount that is. that would end up costing ya around 200ish rather than 400.

hope that helped.

james

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on doing it myself... I work at Best Buy, and the discounts on that stuff is hardly worth my time to have to piece it all together (our store doesn't stock enough to even do my trunk :biggrin: ) If you happen to find a good price at one of your connections, please let me know :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i would have to say check out Ebay...i see lots of dynamat there and lots of brownbread and all the other there...check it outhere is a link for 70 squre feet for 135$ ebays brown bread hope that helps.. another for 50 bucks dynamat and yet another...dynashield it is all the same stuff all you need is to look.....the prices are very good IMO...goodluck this one here is by far the best deal i believedynamat extreme bulk kit i hope all these links work.....if not just search dynamat on ebay in car audio hmmm or fat mat for a very respectable priceFat mat 100 sq ftok i am getting carried away now...i hope those all helped

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
yeah, try other brands like brownbread and second skin.. they work just the same, and can be found with some good prices..

·
Registered
517 Posts
ummmmmm,
since you work at best buy you qualify for dynamats accomodation program and can order bulk packs for VERY VERY cheep prices!!! you should use the resources that you have instead of wasting your time looking for a "good deal". dont be a moron. get it through accomodations and save BIG. the discounts ARE worth it and youd be stupid not to take advantage of it. it wont be a waste of your time!! trust me.
if thats too hard find a friend who works at circuit city and have them order it for you.
seriously, take full advantage of the dealers. i doubt you actually checked the difference between retail and cost let alone accomodations, because i dont think ive met anyone who didnt think it was worth it. its your money though.....
josh

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by: 1badcat
seriously, take full advantage of the dealers. i doubt you actually checked the difference between retail and cost let alone accomodations, because i dont think ive met anyone who didnt think it was worth it. its your money though.....
josh
It's not that I haven't checked the difference in cost, it's that we don't stock any of it - besides the license plate kit in store. What accomodations are you speaking of... it's the first time I've heard of such a thing :confused:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i cant see how any big box retailer could give a discount lower then the price i posted above for the FATMAT that is 90 bucks for 100 sq ft.. i cant imagine that a company like best buy could but the stuff at cost and then turn around and wholesale it back to the employees...they have to make money somewhere...anyway i dont know much about that so i will just say that this is a damn good deal..i have never used fatmat, but crap, they are all the same thing just different thicknesses...if your worried then put down 2 layers, 3 layers, hell it wouldn't bother me if you put down 4 or 5 layers...it is gonna do the same thing kill the sound and the road noise that would otherwise be transmitted into or out of the car..

and a side not just because your store doesnt carry the item doesnt mean they cant get it...more then likely your store is conected to several others in the area and they all order from the same place..just try bringing it up on your computer there i am sure you could order it..even if from another BB or CC..hope that helps

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i know that www.thezeb.com has dynamat for really cheap bout half price on the extreme bulk package. thats where i got mine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts