New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my brakes/rotors, and I dont feel like doing it in the freezing ass cold.. would someone around the northwest suburb area happen to have a heated garage I can use to install them? Thanks!

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
I hope you can find someone alittle closer but if you ever want to make the trip up to milwaukee, your welcome to use my garage as long as you want. I actaully am going to need to do the same project in the next month or 2 so I wouldnt mind helping you install them.

~Terry

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Dude, I have a heated garage. If you don't mind the 45 minute trek out to the edge of civilization, you are welcome to use it.

PM me, we'll work out the day.. I'll help you with what I can, but I'm interested in learning and watching you do it so I can learn how to do my own when the time comes.

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
actually, if we are going to have a good block of time between the auto show and heather's place, why dont we find a place and do it then. or if anyone else has a project in mind, I'd really enjoy spending part of that day doing some car work.

[I was going to suggest bringing my 2 battlebots down and beating the crap out of them, but I dont feel like reassembling the one]

~Terry

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
Originally posted by: Phantom
You have battle bots?

Like real ones, or toys?

depends what your definition of toys are. My toys are 55 pounds with 3hp (and another 1.5hp for the saw blade).

[the motors were taken from the fan assemblies of large ford trucks, very torquey, and then when you add a 10:1 gear reduction, you get an unhealthy amount of torque]

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: Archangel7772001
does anyone have that special tool for the rear discs?
No need to waste money on a peice of crap tool.
Use a needle nose pliers :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts