New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one has a plastation 1 or 2 in there cougar if you do how did you install it?? where did you install it?? Do you have pictures of it?? Also if its a playstation 2 does it work good with the movies and everything or does it skip?? thanks, any info is appreciated

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have a PS2 in my glovebox that required no cutting or special fabrication at all. The only thing needed to get it in was to drill holes in the back that allowed wires to pass thru. I used controller extensions and ran them to the center console where they were then fiberglassed in. Now I simply plug my controllers into my center console--nice and clean. The unit works beautifully and plays DVD no prob at all. I havent had it skip yet either.

I dont have pics yet but I plan on takin some soon

[email protected]ce

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rockford, I would like to see that colossal PS2 system be installed in your glove box with absoutley no cutting. The thing wont fit, it's too deep. You have to cut out the back of the glove box. Maybe you have a different glove box with the 99 cougar, but my install required some cutting. Feel free to stop buy the Wiz tomorrow and see it ...

Dave

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Not sure about the eclipse deck, but I think U need one with some sort of AUX input (to get the PS2 sound thru the system). And a monitor (of course) and a power inverter.....so forget about WHERE to put it until you know IF it will work with that deck....

More easily done when everything is purchased at one time, since you know that everything will work smoothly, but oh well.....

I think the whole idea seems a little silly, and I think that the money is more wisely spent on getting the system to SOUND BETTER

BTW....got the ultimate PS2 setup in my HOUSE....

Maybe SONY will build an in-dash PS2? Think about that for a second!

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you have an Eclipse, i know Eclipse makes a half-din parametric EQ that you can switch sources (A/B) .. i believe it retails for $280. i'm still trying to find a monitor..the power inverter isn't much of a problem...

so you have the Eclipse deck...you'll need

1 monitor
1 PS 2
1 power inverter
1 selectable source piece such as aforementioned EQ.

hope this helps.

-drew-

G

·
What kind of jobs do you people have that you can afford all this?? I guess being a poor college student sucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.