New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, so I was reading BAT's overstock when I came across some shocks for an explorer......I thought, I own an explorer, lets read on.....
"Ford imported these heavy duty "export" shocks for the........They are considerably more firm than stock shocks and offer improved handling. wouldn't you feel more confident in knowing you had more directional control next time you have a Firestone failure."

:rofl: I have to much time on my hands.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: JohnnyRed
I have to much time on my hands.
haha, indeed. shouldnt you be using this extra "time" to work on the 3L install???

that is funny though. we used to have an explorer, but then it was an even trade for the cougar. so thats how i got my pimp ride!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, right now I'm looking for a shop who will do my Port and Polishing, I don't trust myself or my friends with the flow rates......and thinking of my options. I'm almost positive I'm gonna do a straight 3 because of the lower compression ratio. I think I could get about 6-8 pounds of boost in there without messing to much up. I'm convinced that I can find someone to do my P&P work for less than 1100 plus parts, true it may not be as large of a port but I'll have boost to compensate :bowdown: install eta.......Early summer next year, the turbo fabrication will take the longest.

On a side note, do you think the 00-current plastic oval ported LIM and UIM will be bad for boosting? I have a feeling it will be but I have never worked with *gasp* plastic manifolds

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
yes the 3L UIM (plastic) can only take a little porting
then it gets to thin/brittle and cracks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts