New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw the Matrix Revolutions last night... waiting in line for just under two hours...

And while I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I will say I was disappointed. I always wondered how the hell they would actually sum up the problems of the first two movies, I was very disappointed that they took the easy way out that they did by abandoning all ideas from the first two movies.

Oh well. I won't say more until I know more people have seen it.

On that note, Lord of the Rings - Return of the King next month better not let me down.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
i hated the 2nd, almost fell asleep watching it.....
so i don't think i'm ever gonna see the 3rd.

i think that the first one had some good values, some good ideas and it was played out pretty well. The second lacked the 'matrix' really. they are not in the matrix more then 1/4 of the movie. they took a good movie and twisted it way out of proportion and now I simple think they are all stupid :(

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, if you thought they weren't in the matrix often enough in Reloaded, then yeah... don't see Revolutions... They are in the Matrix for maybe 20 minutes of a 2 hour movie. The entire movie is based on Zion, and the real world.

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Lord of the Rings and the Matrix are two movies I nap through....

I did see TX Chainsaw Massuce. VERY scary and I couldn't sleep for hours afterwards seeing that movie!

Give me a chick flick anyday!

·
Registered
532 Posts
We went and seen Radio last night that was a good movie but there was alot of peopel waiting for the Matirx movie to start and I think all of the showings of it last night were sold out.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Phantom
well, if you thought they weren't in the matrix often enough in Reloaded, then yeah... don't see Revolutions... They are in the Matrix for maybe 20 minutes of a 2 hour movie. The entire movie is based on Zion, and the real world.
yeah, that's what i thought.... you can tell from the previews there isn't much of that :)

and what's 'Radio'? i haven't heard of that yet

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by: dv6cougar
Originally posted by: Phantom
yeah, that's what i thought.... you can tell from the previews there isn't much of that :)

and what's 'Radio'? i haven't heard of that yet
its that football movie,
the mentally handicapped person helps out the team(Cuba Gooding Jr.)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
must not be out in europe :( i looked it up on imdb.com and i didn't see anything i recognized about it. looks coo

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. No movie ever lives up to its hype. I thought that they fit the plots together relatively well. People see the movie tons of different ways.

And as for the LOTR movies. The movies are really good, but (and yes you may call me a nerd) the books are way better.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
i bet the books are way better.

i've red almost the entire Hannibal series now and trust me, the books are worth the time it takes you to read them!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,256 Posts
I saw it and it was ok , good to see on the big screen with the big sound. but if youre not big into the whole movie experience and not a big fan of the series than its def a rental. Although it has the best punch I have ever seen anywhere.

Heather- have you seen the original chainsaw massacre, much better, much more scary

G

·
I thought revolutions was good. As for a wait i didnt wait one minute here in crystal lake. Think about the end though and consider neo as jesus and it makes you understand it in a different way.

G

·
OMG, why, why did they have to ruin the movie for everyone? Matrix (the first one) was prefect by it self. Great dialog, great story line, with meaning behind it and everyone had their own little translation for the movie. Reloaded came out and it was a slight disappointments. I mean one can totally tell that they spent a lot of money and time on it, but the story line was going nowhere. But who in the world with the right mind released Revolutions. This is by far one of my greatest let down in my life. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Instead of being exited about the movie, I bitched about it all the way home. I am so upset. The story line sucked, the fighting sucked, the dialog sucked, the CGI sucked, half of the movie didn't related to anything else one experienced before in the previous movies. I don’t know I really don’t have enough words to describe how disappointing this move was.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I personally thought this movie was anything BUT dissapointing.. I loved it! You've got to understand that this is going to be a totally different movie than the first.. It has the same concept, but I think it's a totally different movie.. And I loved it!

The only problem I saw with the movie is that some of the fight scenes were too long.. and one particular scene with trinity that was just too drawn out...

Oh.. and another problem.. The damn previews!! There are WAAAAYYY Too many war movies coming out.. It's like every movie company is trying to make there own LOTR/Bravehart movie... too much... I counted at least 4 movies where a civilization of people must fight against all odds for their freedom or some crap like that...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
i spoke of this 'trend' in a thread in video/pics Aries.

like Twister - started up the 'natural disaster' era in movies and how changing lanes started the 'law' era and so on.

just how it is but I agree, it's retarded, they do too many of the same 'theme' at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I know what you mean.. I noticed that before.. last year was all superhero movies.. which was cool, but got old after a while..

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I totally agree with Greg! I sulked for two days after watching that movie I was so upset. Too many plot holes. Like how Neo could see the machines without sight, how he could control machines in the real world, how the hell did smith suddently have the ability to fly.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
lol, Reagan - what i got out of the 2nd one was that Agent Smith had reaped back in as a virus, a neo based virus and as he grew he was more and more capable to do what Neo could do. So since Neo can fly, so can Agent Smith.

and from the previews looks like he qaumilliofied himself in the 3rd one....

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Well, you're pretty much correct about that Mike... the third one explained it that Smith was the equivilent to Neo. Specifically in the 2nd one when the architect explained that Neo was a mathematical anomoly. The remainer of an otherwise perfect equation. Well, in the third movie, they explain that Smith is the equation trying to balance itself out... so the opposite force of Neo. So explains the flying I guess... And according to the third one... Smith replicated himself throughout the entire matrix... controlling every human, agent, and program there is. He had basically destroyed it... and was on his way to doing the same to the real world machines...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
yeah, it's the only thing that made sense to me as far as Agent Smith goes.

also, i forgot the biggest hype of movies in the 90's and has continued in the 2000's ...... TEEN MOVIES!!! from "Slackers" to "Legally Blond" to the "American Pie series" to the rip offs like "Scary Movie", "Shriek, If You Know What I Did Last Summer" to "Not Another Teen Movie."

stupid movie people, be original :), what they need is a realistic car movie... none of the bs story and plot, just cars that drive and drive fast!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts