New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...i posted a little problem that i had in the transmission part and talked to mtang and exigent. but if you havent seen that post my reverse doesnt engage very well and when it does it goes in hard. brought it to a tranny shop and they wanted to charge me $1800-$2000? just to open it up and see what the main problem is and fix it..unless the tranny is startin to go bad which is that theyll wanna rebuild the whole thing which means more $$ to shell out. but if i get a list of parts needed is anybody willing to help me if so...i can arrange my car to be in my skool..they have a full lift and tools and whole bunch of stuff...but bring tools just in case ..thank you
~ian

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
my suggestions

talk to terry haines about a totally new tranny for that price and swap

www.car-parts.com and get a slightly used tranny

and lastly, in the very least call terry, he can prolly tell you with 95% confidence exactly what your problem will be.

But troy is too far away from me...sorry.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Hey - let me guess, another RPI student. I'm RPI class of '97 and currently living in East Greenbush, which is like 10 minutes south of you. I'd be willing to help you with it. The RPI shop rules - I wish I actually joined the auto club when I was a student. Anyways, I've rebuilt a transfer case before, but never touched the transmission. I also have the Ford workshop manual on DVD, so hopefully that'll give us some good info.

Take care.
-Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts