New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im kind of at a point where Im not sure how I want to take my car to the next level. Some folks say I should keep the car the way it is paint wise, some say I should get it sprayed a different color. On the other hand, some say I should keep going with more performance. I would like to do something dramatic next year to make it a great season all around. I also want to do more performance things also. I would really like to get some advice and suggestions from everyone. Im thinking adding an S-AFC for tuning, hi flow cat, and possibly SVT Parts. Cosmetically im thinking a roof scoop, carbon fiber wing?

Here is my current mod list

Cosmetic Modifications
- Andys Auto Sport Dragon Z Front-
- Aerogear Carbon Fiber Predator Hood-
- 2002 Razzi Side Skirts -
- Kamanari Rear Valence -
- Razzi Hi-Rise Spoiler -
- 18' Velox Vx-8s -
-European Ford Grill/ Rear Emblem
- Custom Dash/ Engine Cover
- CustomCougars.com Gauge Pod-
- Ractive Racing Bucket Seats-
- Sabelt 4 point racing harnesses (Coming Soon)-
- Polk Audio Components-
- Kenwood Excelon 1600 watt Mono Amp
- Kicker Comp 600.4
- 2 MTX Thunder 6000's 12's(Sealed)-
- Digital WW Flip up 7 inch LCD-
- Audiobahn 7 inch LCD-
- ProcarParts.com Indiglo Gauges-
- Faze Air/Fuel Ration Gauge -
- Faze Volt Gauge-
- Faze Oil Pressure Gauge-
- Faze Water Temp Gauge-
- Faze Oil Temp Gauge-
- Custom Gauge Pod molded into overhead console-
- Blue LED's placed in stock locations-

-Fusion White Underbody Neons-

Performance Mods (Suspension/ Engine)

- Freedom Designs Front Strut Bar-
- ST200 Rear Strut Bar-
- Zex Wet Nitrous Kit 55shot-
- Zex Dual Purge (custom) out of Aerogear Predator Hood
- NGK Sparks-
-Trubendz Dual Exhaust-
-Injen Intake-
- Ground Control Coilovers -
- Optima Yellow Top Battery-

Here are a couple pics of what my car currently looks like.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
personally, i would get some tail covers (if thats your style), maybe a fiberglass enclosure for your system, maybe upgrade your system (its really nice as it is, but theres always room for improvment with audio), maybe molding the body kit (if its not, i cant really tell from the pics), but i would keep that color. not many people get the body kit molded, yet keep the stock color. keep the kit i think, it looks nice on your car (plus, then you would ned a new member name). other than that, i dont know what else to say because i dont know your tastes, or the amount of $$ your planning on spending on it all. but i think some of those things would make a nice change.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Roofscoop would be cool. Get some Euro Tails with Taillight covers molded to the body. Mold the wing but not the body kit. Either a fiberglass system enclosure or a Air Ride suspension. No Limit Grill maybe. Keep that color though. Shave the door handle surrounds, but keep the door handle and the key hole.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yep, can't go wrong with a fiberglassed trunk/backseat area :)

i'd say for paint... keep the same color green, but go find yourself an air-brush artist.
I'm thinking that if you found someone who could airbrush the car to make it look like it has dragon scales, that would be badass...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Another idea i have been wanting to try in my car but have not got around to is fiberglassing the center console, and extending it into the back seats. Kinda like the RX-8. I think it would add more style to the car, and it would be better for any back seat passengers you might have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fiberglass trunk enclosure and roof scoop would be cool. One other thing you may want to think about is adding a secondary accent color. That way you could spice up the interior a little, and you could get some vinyl graphics down the sides.

·
Registered
815 Posts
In my opinion the "backbone" of your exterior is complete. I think you have the perfect kit combination and the wing is probably ideal for your setup. You could go for a CF wing and I dont think it would look out of place at all on your car as long as it has some gentle curves to it like one of JSP's wings I believe. I cant remember which one offhand. I would sit down with photoshop or whatever program you have/like working with and start "shaving various things. Like the rear wiper/washer antenna or anything else for that matter. I would go for subtle changes that people would miss at a quick glance, or if they werent familiar with cougars maybe not even realize that something even used to be there. In my opinion that is what makes the difference between a good car and a great car.
The cougar has a lot of tacky, out of place looking crap on it. Personally my biggest gripe is with the antenna. If it were a VW style Fuba, at the rear of the car just prior to the rear hatch it would have been much better. Then again I think shaved is even better. The same goes with the interior. Cougars have SO many different colors and shades of greyish inside that it tends to be half-assed looking from the factory. Don't get me wrong the factory pieces are great looking there are just way to many colors. The interior is one of the reasons that I love cougars so much (exept for the color problem). I would go for 2 and only 2 colors, and re-work everything so they are uniform. Again with the subtle shaving of a line here, or smoothing a transition there kind of thing.
The same goes with under the hood. Make everything as "clean" in apperance as humanly possible. That includes extending the wiring for various sensors to hide unsightly bundles of wire loom running every which way. All of this will make the car sooo much better looking even though at a quick glance you really cant tell anything has changed.
Basically just sit back and look at the car. Anything that ruins a nice flat surface, or muddles up a smooth transition between parts think about what it would look like if it were gone or whatever.

Anyway just my $0.02

Oh, and I think your car is great as it sits to begin with. hehehe

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
a 5 speed conversion would be a good idea since you are beginning performance mods.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
if you want performacne do a 5speed and 3.0Hybrid conversion do it all at once so you don't have to take it all apart again whn you are done the first time...

there are a few subtle cosmetic things i woudl reccommend from one dt green owner to another and these things forsure don't include switching paint colors... that is asnine DT Green is a gorgous color.... but maybe a gun metal ring with carbon fiber center Custom modified eclipse fuel door would be a good one... then tint your front reflectors and tint the taillights have them cleared alot and wet sanded.. then put some body color tail covers on... mayeb shave the TBL Antenna Door Handle cups and any little things to smooth the car out... but those aren' required if you just cut yoru stock black antenna down it looks 100x better than that 20 foot mast we drive around with stock... and the color woudl still match your green and carbon/gunmetal theme

if you want some more cosmetic ideas send me a few pictures on AIM jorgi fisk and i coudl help you come up with a few finishing touches for the exterior that woudl make people look twice...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW thank you all for the advice and comments. The hot pink idea has me excited...lol jk

However, I think you all have something going on the fiberglass idea. I would like to extend my console back like tropiccougar said, and maybe have it running into my zex bottle.. lots of great ideas. It all depends on how much I decide to work next year. Ive busted my ass a lot this year in working so I can get all the stuff I have this year , and hopefully Ill get some great luck and good hours to complete things.

Please keep ANY comments coming, bad or good Ill need it.

Thanks again everyone :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
love the car as it is but how about new "cleaner" looking rims that will make a massive difference to your car style wise then as everyone else says a nice fibreglass install keep the colour it looks v nice and fairly unusual....drag style wing low profile but so it hangs off the ass a little you could use a standard carbon fibre spoiler(to tie in with the hood) but custom mount it:shrug:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how about a supercharger and some sve cams. you can get the info for the cams from teamprototype.com call them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts