New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I decided I wanted to mount some kind of a heat exchanger near my trunk, do you guys think the pressure in the radiator line that runs to the heater core is strong enough to push the fluid all the way to the trunk and back with out any problems?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Heat exchanger? Like another heater core, to heat the interior? There are several minivans and larger vehicles that use the stock water pump to achieve this, but I am not sure that the stock water pump would put up with it for long.

There's plenty of pressure in the system- But you're talking about extra coolant and at least an upgrade to a metal-impellered water pump...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this sounds crazy, but....
I am playing around with an idea to make a small kitchen in the back of my car. I found a very compact sink at an RV salvage yard and I was thinking about a good way to make hot water. I don't think I'm going to use the antifreeze lines after all. That seems like way too work - I'll probably just go with a small electric one. I was thinking about using a TEC module for cooling the cold side (for drinking water), but that would probably take hours to cool even a small amount of water. Anyone have any other ideas to cool the water? I need something light weight. (I don't want to tap into the car's a/c.)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Uh...a bag of ice?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have a simple question for you. Why would you want a kitchen in the back of your car?!? If you want cold water, stop at 7/11 and buy a bottle! If you want hot water, stop at 7/11 and use their bathroom! Not flaming you or anything, that's just a very strange idea! But if you wanna do it, mad props to you, you'll be the ONLY Cougar ever in existance with a kitchen in the back!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If any of you had ever actually seen what he has in his trunk, you would think a small kitchen would be a huge improvement. LOL. J/k Adrian, but you have enough to house a small army in there.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I think its a novel idea.

Granted it is quite strange yes. And i would have no use for such a thing.

But you got to admit if your on the road alot it would be pretty sweet to have something like this. especially if you like camping.

·
Registered
418 Posts
As it is his trunk has just about everything but a kitchen sink!
I've seen it

Adrian...you just got done fixing the cooling problems...you sure you want to create more?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. I am done building my sink. I also decided to make a nice shelf to hold all my electronics. I am very impressed with myself. I didn't know I could make things look nice like this. You have to see it Gene and Alan. It's pretty bad ass. I still have to finish the plumbing and wiring, but all the building work is pretty much done. I also decided to add a small fridge and electric stove. Do either of you two have a digital camera I can borrow?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have one but its up here 3 hours from you...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts