New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how to take off the anntena on a 99 cougar and replace with a shorter one and where can purchase one thanx again guys

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
unscrew the old one and screw on a new one. just grab the antenna and twist.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Yeah its extremely easy. Even easier then sidemarkers :)

I ordered a black powder coated 9" antenna from James (customcougars.com) last summer for around $25-30. I don't think he has that type of antenna any more, but you can check. Also, I was talking to Red2kCougar and he just bought one off ebay that fit a Focus.

My experience with the antenna: Looks 10x better, you'll lose some radio quality when there are a lot of buildings around, but for some reason I noticed normally when I get a normal signal and no static my bass hits harder. Not a lot, but enough :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey, you can make your own short antenna too. Just unscrew your stock antenna. On the end of it (The top, not that part that screws in the base) there is a little antenna cap looking thing. Just pull that off. Then cut your antenna to any size you want, and put the cap back on it. You might have to pull kinda hard to get the cap off, but it'll come.

Thanks to Caterina for this idea, and Jorgen helping me pull off my pain in the ass cap. :biggrin:

O, by the way, I haven't noticed any decrease in radio reeption either by doing this. :)

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys, thanks for the help! i'll be sure to come back with some more questions for you later. i really appreciate it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RigaTony00, thanks for the advice on this subject. i did exactly as you said and it looks GREAT!!!! but the best part, it didn't cost me a penny. you were also right about not losing reception, it sounds the same as it did before i cut it. anyway, thanks again. making it for free can't be beat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.