New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
That is the Wings West cougar. It's been around for right around 3 years now. I can't help but find it funny though, that they have it listed with those other cars. Bently, Viper, Mercedes, Corvette, Cougar. Yea, it fits right in!

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
yup.. that was the famous Cougar S... it was at the Chicago Auto Show in 2001 and then later at Cougar Fest 2001 -- very sweet car at the time.. I believe last I heard is that Ford crushed what was left of the WW Cougar S - there were like 2 of them that looked exactly like that.. Katzkins, red tint, HOK paint job, Chrome rims and the highly coveted Cougar S engine.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Ford sold hooked up cougars as the cougar s? or were these just concepts?

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
omg that cougar had the best looking red paint ever.. i was drooling over it at that chicago show

the car WAS an actual Cougar S prototype... if you looked in the windows at the floormats, they had "cougar s" embroidered on them :)

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
"omg that cougar had the best looking red paint ever"

although impressive.. the paint guru at Flatrock showed me how much it sucked...
of course I didn't notice till he showed me.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Originally posted by: Crispy
I believe last I heard is that Ford crushed what was left of the WW Cougar S -.
why in the world would ford crush them??????

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Definately a concept that never made it. :( I like sitting it however. Very cool!

Even the windsheild was tinted.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
mercurycougar, cause they were considered preproduction/prototype vehicles
and I believe the EPA or another Govt. agency requires it.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Cougar S' still exist. They are still running at ford's proving grounds here in Dearborn.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Originally posted by: RiverRojo
Cougar S' still exist. They are still running at ford's proving grounds here in Dearborn.
Do you know for what reason? As run around cars or something? It would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i dont think its that great looking??

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
thats because it almost looks the same as any 01/02 Cougar now with a better paintjob.. at the time we all saw it the car was basically the first in the new bodystyle modded.. you wouldn't understand unless you were warped back to late 2000.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i think that is one of the cleanest cougars i have ever seen. the shaved rear emblums except for the cougar lettering, makes a big difference as well as the tinted red tail lights. they look really really nice IMO.

O

·
0 Posts
Stupid question, But what is the better of the two (speed wise), the Cougar S or the Eliminator?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by: IH8CIVX
i dont think its that great looking??

yea I took those pics right away in the morning ...once the sun hit the car the paint was pretty impressive IMO ....I don't think it's legal to drive around with a red windshield but who knows huh?

I thought the Cougar S just had the SVT upper and lower basically....WAY back when someone found an S engine in at a scrap yard i thought....someone posted on here i think?

....the eliminator had lot of work done....both cars at Cougarfest 01 and the eliminator would have smoked that WW coog

1 - 19 of 19 Posts