New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,

I'm yet another newbie to add to the list.

Last thursday I purchased a 2000 cougar, V6, 38000 mi, manual tranny, black exterior. Everything is stock.

I'm trying to decide what I should upgrade first. Do I want to go with cosmetics, audio/visual, or performance.

Right now the stock stereo is ok, actually a lot better than I was expecting. The performance is also decent, and there is nothing like a sporty black cougar. I'm kind of leaning on cosmetics right now, I like the idea of blue neon interior, switch out my seats for leather, tinted windows etc.

This site is great though, I have read through several forums etc, great info here :)

Honestly though my car is a blank canvas right now, lookin for some input.

BTW, you will probably see a post from my dad soon too. Last Wed. he purchased a 99 cougar, 4 cylinder, manual tranny, black exterior (almost the same as mine) His is also a blank canvas.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
welcome to neco :wave:

that's cool that you and your dad both got the same car

·
Registered
83 Posts
And this is his dad. Really glad we found this site. Without it I would have been SOL on a couple of areas. My cougar is no longer a blank canvas. I am changing the seats from cloth to leather this weekend and get the windows tinted on Monday. Looking at a K&N intake, but might have to wait til the wife recovers from what I've done already. Maybe I can at least sneak in some neons at some point soon. I do need help with the seat change, but you will find that in Audio & Electrical. Once again thanks to everyone on the forums.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts