New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Aw man. Sorry dude. Looks like you put a lot of effort into your car. And it had to be a saturn too, p.o.s. Im sure with the money you'll get you'll be driving an enzo or something ;). Good luck.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
that sucks man

but i will take that spoiler off your hands and the floor mats

if you selling thanks alot

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
that really suxors!! :( glad you made it out with all body limbs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Truley sucks. I hit a curb on Friday the 13th and now i'm looking at a grand to fix the car.

Oh and I would like your hood scoop if its in good shape, hard to tell from the photos.
Also I'd be interested in some of your audio equipment.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
wow. that looks bad man. glad your ok.

and if your parting it out, ill gladly buy the overhead cd player thing you have, and that cougar head in the dash. i know its kinda low to ask for parts right after it got totalled, but since others were and all....

hope everything works out for ya!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: vSpanky
Originally posted by: JAMallott
wow. that looks bad man. glad your ok.

and if your parting it out, ill gladly buy the overhead cd player thing you have, and that cougar head in the dash. i know its kinda low to ask for parts right after it got totalled, but since others were and all....

hope everything works out for ya!
haha, you ass :kick:
thanks! :biggrin:

im hoping you were just messin with me, because thats how i took it lol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I hope that they total it and that I can get it to part it out. I don't know how it works with the insurance so I will know more tomorrow. I will definitly try to get a hold of the car after everything and part it out with amazing prices if I can.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to do about the insurance, if they do total it do I get to keep the car? Should I go and get everything I can out of it at the tow yard first thing in the morning before the adjuster gets there? I have never had an accident like this and need some help on what to do?

Trying hard to come out on top here.....

Also, I really don't think I will be getting another cougar because I actually have a good job and can afford a brand new one....my thoughts right now are and Infinity G35, Nissan 350Z, or Mazda RX8.......Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
wow man, that sucks azz.. glad you are ok. I believe it is going to be totaled cause the air bags went off. Goodluck everything. I hope that don't happen to me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
when i totalled my car i called the insurance company and told them i had aftermarket parts that i wanted to take off before they took it away, so i just went to the towyard and took everything off, all i did was replace some of the stuff...like stock wheels back on, and threw my stock exhaust back in the car....my car held up well too, i flipped mine and walked away w/ a papercut on my elbow. Good luck, glad your ok:thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
almost every insurance company on the face of the earth considers a car totaled if the air bags deploy, since urs went of i thik its safe to say its TOTALED and i said 350Z :thumbsup:

PaulF

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
OMG man that sucks!! ...glad your ok.....BTW not to be a vulture or anything, but if you have the Razzi rears and they're still in ok shape I'd be interested....

you still goin to cougarfest?

Bret

·
Registered
902 Posts
OMG! I'M SO SORRY! You were my FAV Spruce Green Coug! I hoped to have mine looking like yours one day! Including the Razzi!! :: cry :: I'm sorry! I'm glad you are OK!

If you do happen to part it out hopefully I will be able to take some stuff off your hands... especially that you have the same color. (Rear bumper cover.. Razzi possibly (I see ChenZen wants 'em... maybe a sideview mirror)

But hopefully it will all work out and (get fixed? get totalled? whatever it is best for you)

You could always have people send you their stock parts and replace them...

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you can deal with only 2 seats, i would get a 350z they are gorgeous. But if you need a back seat definetly go with the RX-8! but thats a hard decision.

Sorry to hear about your loss.. If they total it, they will take it and junk it to try and make some money back. I don't know whether you can buy it back from the junkyard, but it sounds feasible.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks a lot guys. I talked to the adjuster this morning and he thinks that the car is a total loss depending on the numbers, but he said that the airbags were about $3000 worth of damage alone. And he also said if the car is damaged over 80% of the Fair market value then the car has to come off the road.

So I hope to know more when the claims departmet calls me this afternoon.

Now I have to go pay for a rental car because the other insurance company only pays for one while the car is being repaired. :mad:

Since I think it is going to be totaled and that I may be able to get a hold of it then please PM or post everything that you may want. I need to see if it is worth it for me to buy the car back and sell everything at VERY resonable prices.

Quick list of mods: (and I know some people already have dibs and I will update later on that)
Intake
Exhaust
Razzi (rear and sides only)
Underbody Neon (Rear and sides only)
Screen in dash
Leather seats
The dash piece with the screen
The list goes on and all stock parts.

Let me know and thanks again for all the caring that everyone always has.

James

1 - 20 of 23 Posts