New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my my cel came on two weeks ago and found it to be 9318 on the dec. the car happened to be in the shop the next day so they put a new battery in it and resetted at no charge to me. The light went away. I was driving today (in a lot of rain, anyone in Vancouver will know what I mean) and the CEL came on. The car didn't drive any differently. I turned it off and put it in diagnostic mode expecting to see 9318 again, but it came as none. Now I don't know what other codes or what to look for to figure out what it is. Or should I just disconnect the negative and reset it, to see if it goes away. Any assistance would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Go to Autozone and have them check your ECU for codes. Their OBD-II scan tool should tell you exactly whats wrong. If not, then bring the code back here, and let us know what it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i live in Vancouver Canada, I'm not sure that we have an autozone here, atleast I can't find a listing for it. Anyone have an idea where I could get the test done, without going to a ford dealer? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Do you have an ADvanced AutoParts? Try calling them and seeing if they have an OBD2 scanner.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
Do you have an ADvanced AutoParts? Try calling them and seeing if they have an OBD2 scanner.
Advanced Auto Parts won't scan in my area....

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,717 Posts
DTC codes are meaningless. They have nothing to do with your CEL. I have a code 9318 ALL THE TIME. No CEL.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Try and find a Canadian member that has a OBD2 scanner and meet up with them. Or inverst in one yourself. They arent too bad on the wallet, and you will basically be able to use it on any newer car you purchase from here on out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts