New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Eurolite underbody red neons on my cat... and I've busted the rear tube. Don't ask me how... cause I don't have a clue.

Anyways... I figure it can't be "that" hard to change the tube. Cause if I bring it back to the place where I had them installed, they'll charge me $50 service fee... plus the cost of the tube.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a how-to on changing Eurolite underbody neon tubes? I'm sure this how-to was never covered before.

Thanks guys!

Darrell

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
arent they supposed to guarantee the tubes from breakage for a year or something? i think StreetGlow does that, but dont hold me to it. i think i remember something about that thoug. you should check it out. :) good luck

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I thought streetglow and other companies only replace the bulbs for free if the outer plastic casing isn't cracked. I don't think they will replace the bulbs if you bottomed out on a steep driveway.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plastic casing isn't cracked at all.

The tube is in little ting peices inside the plastic casing. And its the rear tube... kinda hard to bash it on the road :)

Thanks for the tips guys.. I'll go down to where I bought them and see if warrenty will cover it. I'll post here what happens for everyones future reference :)

Darrell

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, I guess the warranty for eurolite is not as good as Street Glow.

The only thing eurolite will cover under warranty is if the tube burns-out <u>without</u> breaking. If the tube has a crack, and thats the reason its not working, then they won't cover it. How often do tubes really "burn-out" though??? I'd say not very often.

Thats a really ****ty deal. And it was the rear tube to... I can't see how it would be humanly possible to bash that. My ride is not even lowered. And it would be really strange to have a rock flick up from the rear tires. I mean, its really far away from the rear tire, and she's a front wheel drive. And I never drive on dirt roads.

I just feel that it was the installation that caused the tube to break. Its not very sturdy when I examine it. It wobbles back and forth with ease. I think it should be a lot more secure than that. And I think its just random, normal movement from driving that caused the tube to break.

So, my whole point of this ranting is to say that eurolite warranty shouldn't cover it, but the people that installed them should. What does everyone else think on this? Do I stand a chance? I guess it can't hurt to try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts