New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angeleyes and switch panel

Well here are some of the things i have been working on for the last couple weeks...the switch panel only took four days though..enjoy the pics and tell me what you think..
sidemounting of the switch panel with hex bolts..

hole for wires in back..

view from bottom showing flushed mount of panel..

the actual shape of the switch panel..

bondo'd spot puddied and sanded smooth..

finished painted and switches in..

angel eyes lit during the day..

angel eyes lit at night..

new reflectors cut to size and angel eyes..

i cant wait to install all this stuff i will post more pics then but it is toooo friggin cold out there right now..

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
RE:Angeleyes and switch panel

The only question i have is... will these fit in the 99-00 headlights. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

The switch panel definately looks good. As for the angel eyes, I don't like them anyways, so I just won't comment :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: Angeleyes and switch panel

i sure hope they fit..i was told to use a pop can for the size...i can always heat themup again and reshape if they dont fit nice when i am putting them in though..

·
Registered
884 Posts

What did you make that switch panel out of??? I've wanted to do this exact thing!. Thanks, and btw looks great

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

looks sweet. nice work! and those angel eyes are gonna be sweet in the headlights. looks like you put a bunch of notches in them, so they should be really really bright. nice job man.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i think i have to put more notches toward the ends of the rings but as far as i know i did nothing different then what the how to says..the LED's are supposedly 5000 MCD ones that i got off ebay (COLDFUSIONS) was the guys company..i got 10 of them for 13.00 already done with the resistors..hoping for a stealthy install or all my work will be for nuttin..they are pretty bright but i think the shtter speed in low light made them a tad brighter then they really are but it is close...
What did you make that switch panel out of??? I've wanted to do this exact thing!.

i will post another progress pic...the mould was a 1 1/2 x 3 piece of wood i cut down on my table saw and then i dremeled the hell out of it to make it fit height wise then i screwed it in from the sides and then traced the shape of the suround onto it removed and dremeled some more...the piece is made with laid fiberglass mat and cloth..then bondo'd..LOTS OF FINISHING SANDING...i still have the mould i may make some more of them.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i was gonna do that but i wanted to be able to add and remove items from the switches and change them from time to time...i was looking for a blue digital voltmeter that would have fit there...that would have looked kinda sweet..but ihad no luck for a decent price..it sure would have been a whole lot easier to just glass the hole though..but i also wanted to keep the surround black...

your looks nice too though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts