New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From HOT ROD magazine:

Florida Highway Patrol has 27 '04 Mercury Marauders.

Stats:

Top Speed: Over 150
Motor: 4.6 DOHC 32-valve V8
TQ: 375+
HP: 300+

Mods:
Upper engine cooling systems
brembo Brakes
Superchips (upped rev limit, upped output, no speed limiter)
Lightwieght driveshafts
ADDCO sway bar F & R
Autometer guages
Digital radar/laser
Covert light bars
A/V digital dash cams

The officers driving these things were hand-picked and sent to a performance driving school. They know what they're doing, and they do it well.

One last thing: The exterior is bone stock, factory colors, wheels, antennas. Light bar is hidden. THESE THINGS LOOK LIKE REGULAR FREAKIN MARAUDERS!

You have been warned.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i hate those lightbars. i hear they have ones that come up when turned on but the only ones ive seen were about 3/4 inch and right on the roof. cant tell till they come up close

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Originally posted by: cougarprophet
we have those up here in ontario...i know cuase i've been busted by one.......the lightbars are hidden in the lights at least they are for ours

We do?!?! Oh crap! Glad I read it here! With my laser-enhanced vision, I scour the horizon for the silhouette of the crown vic. There's been more than one time when I've ID'd a Marauder from afar, and either blasted by it, or even tried to get it to race!! (For the record, I'd trounce a crappy Marauder... although perhaps not those FHP ones...)

Next time... I'll look much closer!

Massiv.

P.S. At least SOMEONE bought a marauder! :tongue:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
That's ok, how many of these things are actually on the road anyway? I think since they've come and gone, I've only seen one in person...

Mike

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
That's ok, how many of these things are actually on the road anyway? I think since they've come and gone, I've only seen one in person...

Mike
Actually I think Mercury sold close to 17,000 of them in two years. My boss drives one, for cryin' out loud.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ok i live in southwest florida, and on a daily basis i see about 5-10 of the marauders cruising around....there is absolutely no way possible to tell them from a normal marauder that any tom, dick, or harry would be driving.

they also have ford f-150's ford excursions....chevy camaros.....dodge stratus'....all unmarked.

my boss was telling me that he saw an unmarked old school 1980's pickup truck that had brown chipping and faded paint with a huge dent in the driver's door last week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
in Tampa, all they have is Camaros, Crown Vics, Explorers, F-150s, and CobaltSS's. never seen one in a marauder

(i know the cobalt ss, b/c i was going at it with him, then he shined his interior light, showed his badge, then even more sped away)

·
Registered
90 Posts
possibly the cop in the cobalt SS was in his own personal car and just callign you out.

Most of the cops I see here in WV are in Marked new dodge vehicles RAM 5.7 Hemi , Durango 5.7 Hemi, 4 dr srtatis of some type, and the supercarged police interceptor crown vics.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by: OSUStallion
It really doesnt matter what the cops drive.....you'll never out run the radio or the helicopters. Even the guys on sport bikes get caught.
That's because they don't know how to ride and go head-on into buses and other very large yet, somehow, hard to see objects.

Rookies.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Yea there r alot of unmarked cars here in Tx because of our hwy system. I've seen the unmarked F-150's, Camaro's, Gt Stang's, Even a Intrepid once. BUt yet to see unmarked Mercury Marauders, so I hope they don't bring them here because I'm so use to the Crown Vic's & there so easy to spot too, if they don't see u first. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.