New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock antenna rotted off where the rubber piece is. Unfortunately I am unable to find a stock antenna on ebay I havent searched the for sale section here but what I want to know is if the shorty antenna is any good or not. Reason I want to know is I have XM Radio on my car and I am not getting very good receiption since my antenna jumped ship. In short will it be a waste or money or not?

Thanks,
Sare

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,012 Posts
I have a stock antenna that you can have.

My shorty is okay. Not as good as stock. I didn't think XM used your stock antenna - I thought it had its own?

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
the shorties that i make get about 80-90% of stock reception depending on the signal strengh. They are 10" and made of 6061 aluminum. i have one all ready packaged up to ship cause someone never sent me money. Yours for $30. Ive sold over a dozen of them to people on the boards.
not the best pic cause the cars all dirty but here ya go

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,012 Posts
Yeah, I don't really have any serious problem with my shorty antenna. I do lose reception for like half a mile on my morning commute, but otherwise, I don't notice any issues at all. I'm usually listening to CDs anyway.

Mine is a Focus antenna from eBay.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
I have a stock antenna that you can have.

My shorty is okay. Not as good as stock. I didn't think XM used your stock antenna - I thought it had its own?
Yes it does BUT (this is going sound stupid) because I live out in the middle of no where with lots of trees its clearly transmitts better through my aftermarket radio with no static. Yesterday I was driving from my house to Hubbard, Ohio and I lost all reception cause my antenna went bye-bye. I was disappointed. My boss has his set up through his cassett player and hes is much more clearer (if thats a word) than mine. eh, who knows.

Even though I have XM I still like to listen to Maxwell on WMMS 100.7 FM which makes it difficult cause I have no antenna.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.