New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cats and kitties, I am hooking up my amp for my subs, I got everything done except for the wire for the positive turn on. Normally there is a blue wire coming out of the HU for this. Since I am using the stock head unit, (untill after Christmas when I can afford a new one), Where should I hook this up?? Can I splice off the main amp wire coming off the battery to the amp, or is this a bad idea? I have a switch to put on it so the amp is not on all the time, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks, jeff

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
do a search for remote wire that is what i think you are trying to hookup... but there is a wire on the back of the stock HU that you can splice a reomte into i have it done on my car just can't think of what wire your supposed to use...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is the remote wire I am hooking up, I did a search but had no luck finding which wire is the remote turn on from our stock HU, anybody know?:confused:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
You can hook it up to the accy wire, which is active only when the car is 'ON'... while the amp will be on all of the time while the car is on, it won't drain your battery.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cool: So by the accy wire we are talking the yellow with the green stripe on the back of the stock HU, right? And this is on whenever the car is on, no matter if the radio is on-correctomoondo? I would like to just have the amp power on whenever the radio is on, but this would be fine. I can't wait to hear the new Linkin Park CD I got to try out my system install!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:beer: Boom Boom wicki wicki, I finished the install-put on Areosmith's live version of Sweet Emotions, and it sounds GREAT!! Well gotta go for a cruize now. Thanks 01blkcat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts