New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone watch it last night? the episode with "the sign of the cat" all about the cougar. it was about the old cougars but cougars none the less. i found it cool cause old cougars are fast and ours are slow

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
Even a '67 with the 335 gross hp 390 V8 (0-60 in 8.1 sec and 16.0 in the quarter) was slower than a V6 MTX.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Thats the 2nd time ive seen that episode. Still kinda cool to see the history.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Those 427/428Cobra Jet's/429's would PWN our Cougar's!

It is funny though how we [censored] about how slow our cars are stock, but they were still faster than most other Cougar's made!

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you're looking for a fast cougar minus the v-8, look at the 84-86 xr-7's. More HP than the 5.0 engine, and almost as much torque, but out of a 2.3l Turbocharged engine, with a t-5 tranny and an LSD in the rear. No replacement for displacement my a**. Check out www.turbotbird.com and www.turboford.org for more information on what they are and can do.
:D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Originally posted by: ElNino
If you're looking for a fast cougar minus the v-8, look at the 84-86 xr-7's. More HP than the 5.0 engine, and almost as much torque, but out of a 2.3l Turbocharged engine, with a t-5 tranny and an LSD in the rear. No replacement for displacement my a**. Check out www.turbotbird.com and www.turboford.org for more information on what they are and can do.
:D
I absolutely smoked one of those.

Now, after beating him, he pulled up beside me and was telling how the car had like 250k miles on it, and that he was going to rebuild the engine this summer, so I'm not sure how well it was running.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can believe that. Mine has/had around 175k and went down with a rod knock, wainting on some piston rings atm to finish rebuilding it :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.