New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
My advice to anyone trying this is to use VERY THIN paper. Normal paper becomes impossible to fold neatly after about 8 creases have been put into it. There is origami specific paper, but wrapping paper works pretty good, plus u should have sum laying around about now. ;)

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The site recommends printing them out on A4 sized paper (11x14). I imagine because you'll have more surface area to work with when making all the tiny folds & creases. Yes, Origami paper would be a better suggestion for the animal projects & all, after you've learned the technique.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I looked at the patterns, at first I thot you had to actually fold them. But now I see that it's actually sumthing you cut out, fold and glue...not like traditional origami. So, it would probably be best NOT to use wrapping or origami paper, probably to thin for the job.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I've been working today from 8am and I'm working til 10.. I've been working on this thing.. fun stuff..

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I only did the first page, which is the headlights, windshield, and the side view mirrors.. took my 4 hours for that first page.. 14 more pages to go, and the rest of the pages are even harder... I gave up..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts