New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Detailed my car today. I found this amazing new product. It cleaned everything in my car! It made stuff come off my rims that Meguiars Hot Rims couldn't even get off! This product is so much cheaper than anything you'll ever buy to clean your car! It is so versatile as well! You can clean your glass with it. You can clean your tires with it. You can clean you hands with it if you work on your engine at all! Cleans all kinds of grease.

Interested in what this fabulous product is?

Windex Streak Free with Amonia-D!
:banana:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just keep that stuff away from any tint that you have. Ammonia can make your window tint flake, crack and can peel at the edges. trust me I learned from experience on my old car. The tine was garanteed for life so I got a new piece put on but the guys said not to use it anymore they were all scrated up so they know that the tint was not bad.

·
Registered
242 Posts
mmmm...why does it clean so well?

amonia is an acid, just like bird crap is an acid and youve seen what bird crap does to paintwork

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good thing i don't clean my paint with it :)

I've used acid on my rims though. My dad's boss has some they use to polish the trucks with.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Please....
Do not use windex on any plastics or vinyl for the exact same reason you shouldn't use it on tint, it will dry out over time causing cracking and scratches.
Do not use Windex on any painted surfaces, the ammonia will remove the wax.
Do not use Windex on tires, the ammonia will dry out the rubber over time which leads to cracking.
Do not use it on leather either.

The only thing besides windows that I suggest using glass cleaner on is chrome, but even then you should follow up with a chrome polish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts