New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY local shop Go-Go customs told me 350 to get and install a hornet alarm system(senors remote start and lcd keypad)

they said they also cover there work if anything goes wrong in the future.

guy i talked to say thats its one of the better one out. he has it on his car

what you guys think

·
Registered
517 Posts
what are you getting for add ons? (hoodpin, trunkpin, glassbreak sensor, backup battery, etc) if none then is a little high for a basic alarm with just doorlocks and trunkpop.
josh

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: 1badcat
what are you getting for add ons? (hoodpin, trunkpin, glassbreak sensor, backup battery, etc) if none then is a little high for a basic alarm with just doorlocks and trunkpop.
josh
He said it also has the remote start and lcd keypad. I'd say it's actually a pretty good deal. Almost too good. I've never really heard of Hornet alarms, so I can't tell you how good they are. Ask them if Hornet is a branch of DEI. If it is, then go for it. If not, I'd look for other alarms.

Edit: After re-reading your post, I'm not too clear on whether or not this thing comes with an alarm, keyless entry, AND remote start, or just the remote start. If it's all three, then you're getting a good deal (if it's a DEI line). If it's just a remote start, then yes, you are getting ripped off.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a alarm remote start, keyless entry, sensors, and a lcd keypad

i believe hornet is made by the same company as viper

C

·
0 Posts
Then yes, you're getting a pretty good deal on this. Especially if that includes bypassing the PATS system. That alone usually requires another $75 or so.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know about that PAT thing so when i ask for a price i said it 350 no matter what and he said yea

·
Registered
119 Posts
I paid 400 for it and my girlfriend paid 500 for her I believe it was audiovox so it is a real good deal in my opinion. the autostarter is great especially now that its so damn cold. Just burn mad gas cause always start it for mad long. As far as the pat system make sure he told you the price for bypassing it. If you didn't tell him you had a cougar most likely he didn't add the money for bypassing the chip in the key.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i told him i had a cougar

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sounds like a deal to me. I paid $310 for just my alarm, with an extra battery installed. That was this pas January :banghead:

It woul have been like another $175 to get the step up with remote starter and PATS bypass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts